Great Tunsley Dale Revisited

trains12

Hi All

Well most of you will know that I lost Alfie on the 2nd of the month and i just did not feel like doing any modelling. Thanks to all who posted or Pm,ed me with king comments.

Well meet Bertie He is 18months old and is with me all the time since we got him last week so I am now back at work with a very big wet nose on my knee.

So some shots last Friday in the snow.

cheers

Peter

post-6915-0-01460600-1358681412.jpg

post-6915-0-90449000-1358681417.jpg

post-6915-0-36609700-1358681423.jpg

post-6915-0-89369300-1358681428.jpg

Edited by trains12
  • Like 7

Hi Peter, Wendy and Bertie, I have posted on Glen Gillie, but I just love looking at these pics, leave him out to long in this snow and all you will see is a black nose and two great big eyes looking for you both. Enjoy him as he looks a bundle of fun.

All the best

Andy..

• Like 2

Morning Peter and all, I have just been reading it and it is quite inspiring once again,

MORE SNOW DUE so stay indoors, hahahha

Andy.

Hi Andy

THANKS!!!! Still got 4' drifts in garden and only got road opened yesterday. Can do without any more - how about you keeping it.

Keep loosing Bertie in the drifts knew we should have got a black dog!

Peter

• Like 1

Hi Peter

Are you Snowed in Yet up there, Can you see my house still from where you are... I can't do an emergency shop for you as I'm away visiting Family...

Hope You n Wendy & Bertie are all OK...

Jamie

• Like 2

Hi Peter.

Just been reading the Model Rail article, you kept that one quite.

Bertie looks a bundle of fun. Hope the modelling MoJo is making a return.

Ray.

Hi Ray

I didn't know myself about this one until the beginning of last week when I received a notification from Model Rail that there was a article pending but no indication of what it was.

Peter

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I thought I would add some photos of the Class 66 Shanks 66 522 on GTD which have been taken over time and at several shows that GTD as attended...

Hope you enjoy them

post-5212-0-52343700-1362881784.jpg

post-5212-0-27679400-1362881808.jpg

post-5212-0-29772000-1362881827.jpg

post-5212-0-80178900-1362881846.jpg

post-5212-0-93070300-1362881866.jpg

Your Comments are welcome...

Jamie

• Like 4

Hi All

I thought I would add some photos of the Class 66 Shanks 66 522 on GTD which have been taken over time and at several shows that GTD as attended...

Hope you enjoy them...

post-5212-0-10763100-1362882039.jpg

post-5212-0-12348100-1362882047.jpg

post-5212-0-34925500-1362882064.jpg

post-5212-0-57272600-1362882072.jpg

post-5212-0-62650600-1362882085_thumb.jpg

Your Comments are welcome...

Jamie

• Like 3

Hi Peter just caught up on your thread ,sorry to read about Alfie but glad you now have Bertie ,one question what breed is the gorgeous Bertie? The article in MR was a very interesting one and one day I hope I will see this magnificent layout in the flesh.What are exhibition plans fot GTD will you be coming south or to the midlands in the future?Chris

Hi Peter just caught up on your thread ,sorry to read about Alfie but glad you now have Bertie ,one question what breed is the gorgeous Bertie? The article in MR was a very interesting one and one day I hope I will see this magnificent layout in the flesh.What are exhibition plans fot GTD will you be coming south or to the midlands in the future?Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for your comments... Bertie is another Pyrenean mountain dog; put is only a puppy still at 20 months old.

GTD will be at the 'Great Electric Train Show' near Warwick run by the Hornby Magazine on the 12th & 13th October 2013. There will be an article in the Hornby Magazine at some point before the show.

Cheers Peter

• 2 months later...

Beautiful weathered industrial buildings, like the way you build up the rust and bubble paint, also like the poor loco which has obviously had a very hard life. Like that you show buildings being made, you make it look so easy. Having just started looking into scratch build I know just sourcing the products is a headache for a beginner, you are clearly through that learning curve. Lovely work. nicely photographed. clever workmanship and lots of likes...almost got bored of pressing the button. :mosking: Beautiful layout, well worth the visit.

Like your dog but my heart belongs to Dobermans, we have had 5 to date our present dobbies are two sisters, a black and a chocolate. When they box on their hind legs and 'fight' they look quite fearsome. The nastiest dog I ever had was a corgi when I was a child, he had a habit of nipping and drawing blood. My dad and I use to walk him on two leads to stop him biting our ankles; and he liked us! Nowadays I daresay he would have been put down, the vet said it was the metal neck chain, his ears were very sensitive but he now was trained to snap when you stroked him and the neck chain made a noise we humans could not hear. He said like Pavlov's dog he was trained, and by the age this was diagnosed he was too old to train.

Edited by Jaz

Any new updates?? or photos :no:

Hi Neil

at present the layout is not up but in store at the unit. Some work will be done on this ready for its show in Oct. at the Electric Railway Show by Hornby

Your are both welcome to come down and see it and have a session on it. You have not replied to the PM about operating it?

Cheers

Peter

Edited by trains12
  • Like 1

Hi Neil

at present the layout is not up but in store at the unit. Some work will be done on this ready for its show in Oct. at the Electric Railway Show by Hornby

Your are both welcome to come down and see it and have a session on it. You have not replied to the PM about operating it?

Cheers

Peter

That sounds like plan Peter!! wil contact you soon about this,wil book few days off work :no: ile have to check my pm"s...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...