Great Tunsley Dale Revisited

trains12

Yes the main track work is SMP flexi with all the point work hand made by the usual method of copper clad construction, hence the score marks. Dont uderstand your comments over the point blades? They are made just normally by filing down the rail both in the main rail and the blades.

I thought I saw some hinged blades in places, which is normally an RTR thing. I must have been mistaken. Sorry :)

Point operation is via Seep motors PM4 with the added use of a small micro switch fitted to them for the operation of the electrical switching. The one you can see is a Hornby motor on a Peco switch with spring fitted. The reason was that I fitted the point in the wrong place right over a spar hence it has to be surface mounted.

D'oh! There is always one in the most inconvenient place, isn't there :). At least there's a convenient space to plant a building to cover it...

I thought I saw some hinged blades in places, which is normally an RTR thing. I must have been mistaken. Sorry :)

D'oh! There is always one in the most inconvenient place, isn't there :). At least there's a convenient space to plant a building to cover it...[/size]

Hi

I should have said that all the fiddle yard track and points is laid with Peco code 75.

Peter

Hi all

Well now that the main part of the layout has been completed, There is still plenty to do on the detailing work and the up dating of the electrics, attention has turned to the rolling stock and engines. One of the items that Paul and I wanted to do was the building of one of the early diesels that ICI had built them selves. RS8 was a somewhat unusual loco in that it started life as a steam loco built by Avonside in 1923 being No.1913. At some time in the early 1960's the engine was scapped and the frames and wheels used to build RS8. Power was by a Rolls Royce 170Hp engine. Work was carried out by ICI at the South Works workshop. As can be seen to has a very high cab which allowed all round viibility when taking the old ICI hoppers through the loading hoppers.

The model was intended to be made from parts of old diesels in the scrap box together with plastikard etc. but new thinking is that we will make a etch brass body and mount it on an old Hornby Pug chassis that we have. I might even ask Pete Harvey if he can help with it. Any offers Peter?:rolleyes: Any way as the work progresses I will keep you informed, in the mean time some shots of the loco as it is today at the Stone Museum in Derbyshire.

Peter

post-6915-12580665424946_thumb.jpgpost-6915-12580665646286_thumb.jpgMG_1500.jpg GTD Eng.jpg]post-6915-12580665189764_thumb.jpg

post-6915-1258066587663_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi All

Some before & after photo shots in the making, which is Part of the main Building that Peter as spent ####'s of hours making...! Good One ... Peter, You do a Dam Good Job at Modelling Builds, Layout??™s etc...

Regards Jamie

post-5212-12584675587724_thumb.jpg

post-5212-12584676041315_thumb.jpg

post-5212-12584676178779_thumb.jpg

post-5212-12584676399336_thumb.jpg

• Like 1