Much Wittering in N gauge.

DDolfelin

• RMweb Premium

The best telegraph poles to my eyes are ratio's, the problem with these is that they contain a mixture, including those that you are unlikely to use. These can be trimmed to make more useful versions. I don't have a pack to hand to point the camera at but I think that I have some separate ones if that would help. I do have some merit ones somewhere as well. These are a little corse.

Hi DDolfelin,

You're right, most of the stuff out there is pretty crude.

The best telegraph poles I have found are by Model Scene (available from Kernow or Rails of Sheffiels) Model Scene Telegraph Poles

As for telephone boxes, looking at your modelling period you would need the K6 pattern and the best are the etched brass kits from BH Enterprises.

It's best to call Ray after 7 pm weekday evenings to check availability. He also produces several types of lamp posts which, while they are still white metal, are much better quality that those produced by some others. BH Enterprises

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for popping that up Bassett. I've only got a couple of individual posts from there about not a complete fret about to take the photo of them for Ddolfelin.

• 1 month later...

Just a post to keep the thread alive.

I've been spending a lot of time on a large backscene in 7mm for a friend so poor little Much Wittering has been taking a back seat.

At least in N there is room on the back seat.

I've been amazed at the huge quantity of materials that building in 7mm consumes.

The Ratio Telegraph Poles duly arrived and I was quite pleased.

Just a little work required to make the poles look like wood instead of plastic and then to find some spiderlings to wire them up for me.

Also bought some Ratio Street Lamps which look interesting but I haven't opened them yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Another DD Woodyard.

This time in N.

I started it at 6am and finished about an hour ago.

No punny notices - they would be too small.

The owners are reserved folk and prefer to keep their company name privet.

post-7041-0-22873500-1300900211_thumb.jpg

post-7041-0-14068300-1300900244_thumb.jpg

post-7041-0-83842500-1300900464_thumb.jpg

Strong evening sun (!!!!!!) has bleached the pics.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to rescue this Kibri Fuel Depot.

It looked like it had been put together with marmalade.

Not much I could do about the windows.

It's now a warehousing facility and will sit next to the track in Much Wittering Industrial section.

The yard crane is scratch built but probably wouldn't pass an engineer's inspection.

Very fiddly in N gauge.

post-7041-0-41063800-1302158664_thumb.jpg

I have those telegraph poles too! I wish Ratio would update some of their packs a bit. We could do with a bigger pack of the simpler poles and some better fence posts. Surely with the growth in N this is more viable. Maybe there's a gap in the market there Kris, perhaps a limited run sold through 2mm SA or online of both fence and telegraph.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Update please Peter. Isn't 'Harry' old enough yet?

I do know that there is an awful lot going on in your life just now, but have you abandoned this project altogether?

After all, it's two years since your last update1

Archived