Heljan 47 Body removal

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Multigauge said:

Found this thread useful but having the same problem in 2023.

Already broken both the radio aerials!

I really want to open it up to give it a service as it is running dreadfully; the contacts look a little skew on one of the bogies. 

As far as getting to the bogie pickups goes, all you need to do is pull the side frames off - they simply pull horizontally away from the bogie chassis. You can then reach the pickup strips very easily to tweak them or clean them.

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 1 month later...

Well, after much effort, including strips of card, disassembling the buffer beam assembly on one end and a fair amount of grumbling, I managed to get the body off. I needed the buffer beam assembly off to use a hole underneath to stick a rod in to act as a lever! 

Edited by Multigauge

• 2 weeks later...

And finally, after getting access to the pick ups, and tweaking them, cleaning the wheels - both inside faces and running edges - I was buggered if I could get the pick ups back in place without bending them out of shape again!

Off came the wheels - which made life a lot easier - and finally, I managed to get everything aligned and seated correctly, wheels back on, all tested and running well.

Hurrah!

Pig of a job all in all and I have another still to do 🙄