Isle of Wight steam show & beer festival

roythebus

Just to invite everyone along to the annual Isle of Wight Railway steam show and beer festival at Haven Street. The show's open from today until Bank holiday Monday. An intensive steam train service will run, including the railway's flagship loco, "Calbourne", just back in service after a 10 year rebuild.

The steam show includes the usual collection of historic cars, lorries, buses and a good selection of traction engines. there's a vintage fun fair and the usual family attractions.

The beer tent has a selection of over 90 real ales to try! that's where I'll be, serving behind the bar!

How to get there? Ferry or hovercraft from Portsmouth, vintage tube train to Smallbrook Junction, then steam train from there.

Just to invite everyone along to the annual Isle of Wight Railway steam show and beer festival at Haven Street. The show's open from today until Bank holiday Monday. An intensive steam train service will run, including the railway's flagship loco, "Calbourne", just back in service after a 10 year rebuild.

The steam show includes the usual collection of historic cars, lorries, buses and a good selection of traction engines. there's a vintage fun fair and the usual family attractions.

The beer tent has a selection of over 90 real ales to try! that's where I'll be, serving behind the bar!

How to get there? Ferry or hovercraft from Portsmouth, vintage tube train to Smallbrook Junction, then steam train from there.

Hoping to be there at some point over the weekend as our landrover has been reqisitioned for use towing an engine support module (miniture traction engine) and i would love to see calbourne

• 2 weeks later...

Ah well, back from the show, attendance good except Friday when it rained a lot. all the beer got drunk by the end of Monday, the trains all ran well, and a splendid time was had by all.

The Terrier with the victorian 4-wheelers in full southern livery looks outstanding, as does Calbourne, now back in service in early BR lined black.

Archived