Bacchy City of Truro

Gene

Just a quick question...is anybody producing a sound-chip for theBachmann produced City of Truro 3717 ???

I checked the websites of the usual suspects(Howes,SWD,Olivias) but didn't see anything about it...of course I'm not too sure how up-to-date they keep their websites.

Cheers

Gene

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've just had a quick look on YouTube to see if I could find any video of this decoder in operation in a model and couldn't find anything. Have any of you guys found video of a loco with this decoder fitted?

It'd be nice to know whether it comes with the necessary creaks, bangs and groans for low-speed operations!

Steph

Steph..I've heard the sound chip in the loco at my club and it sounded great...but to be honest I'm not expert enough to vouch for the accuracy of the sounds. That being said I'm sure I read somewhere that the sounds were recorded off the real thing when it was running recently

Cheers

Gene

I've just had a quick look on YouTube to see if I could find any video of this decoder in operation in a model and couldn't find anything. Have any of you guys found video of a loco with this decoder fitted?

It'd be nice to know whether it comes with the necessary creaks, bangs and groans for low-speed operations!

Steph

• RMweb Gold

the sounds were recorded off the real loco sometime last year i think

all new howes steam locos come with sleeper grind sounds as well as wheel flange etc, if you have a look at bryans relown Hornby castle video in another thread in the dcc section (Bachmann class 03 and castle videos) you can get an idea of some of the sounds you would get on the "truro" chip

Archived