Product Development

Pete Harvey

This topic is to show the design progress of products after they have gone through the initial design stages.

Please remember that these images are from Computer Aided Design software are not to any scale and are to show a visual illustration of the product.

I will not be posting images of all of my forthcoming products but I will be posting images of some.

Class 37 Steps

Steps1.jpg Steps4.jpg

Pete

Ian

They Should be ready all being well buy the end of the month they will be ??3.24 per set with ??1.00 p+p.

Remember that they are very small and until fitted will be very delicate the 3.3mm wide on the top step and you will need a Hold & Fold tool of some kind to build them.

When they are ready for sale I will post some pictures on my web site of them built and fitted to a model.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

Here is a product I'm working on at the moment.

Purchased as one set you would get two sets of blades and a set each of mounting brackets for each loco.

They have been designed for the Bachmann 37, 47 & 20 and the Hornby 31 and should make it easier to mount on to the respective loco chassis.

post-6665-12575189586244_thumb.jpg post-6665-12575189594789_thumb.jpg

post-6665-12575189603791_thumb.jpg post-6665-12575189613505_thumb.jpg

I have no idea of price yet as I still have a few design things to take care of but they should be ready in time for Christmas or the middle of January.

Pete

Guest Digital

Look great Pete and a welcome addition to your range.

Are they only going to be for "OO" gauge or will you be making any for other gauges?

John

• 2 months later...

Two New Items for 2010

The First is some 4mm scale 1m Square Depot Baskets each etched fret has four baskets on it.

post-6665-12635642728977_thumb.jpg

The Second are a set of six PortaKabin Window Security Grills to suite the "Knightwing" Portkabin Kits.

post-6665-12635642665195_thumb.jpg

For more information on these and my other Product Developments please visit my web site?

Pete

• 3 months later...

I Have been working on some replacement items for the Dapol Silver Bullets not that they are out.

post-6665-127143220783_thumb.jpg

They will use the Dapol supplied hand rails for the steps and the top deck, rod will be needed for some of the

steps but not all, the steps at either end will be produced as well and some other items to improve the model.

Pete

I Have been working on some replacement items for the Dapol Silver Bullets not that they are out.

post-6665-127143220783_thumb.jpg

They will use the Dapol supplied hand rails for the steps and the top deck, rod will be needed for some of the

steps but not all, the steps at either end will be produced as well and some other items to improve the model.

Pete

Superb just what we need.

ETA?

Hi Mike

I'm nearing completion on the design stage, so you are probably looking at the middle of May unless a major redesign is requires.

post-6665-127169378246_thumb.jpg

At present all you will need to get as well as the model is some roding for the tank side ladders and tank lid spindle.

I will be posting pictures of the test etches fitted to a model before the release of the detail set.

Pete

As the question has been asked in another forum area my replacement steps and walk way for the Dapol Silver bullets will be 37 mm apart at the lowest point where the Dapol ones are 40mm apart.

As mentioned before I should have these for release buy the middle of May.

Also I will be selling them at a reduced rate for customers that order four or more at a time.

Keep checking my website for details on this product.

Pete

Archived