BRM December

Dicky W

Morning everyone! Here's a run down of what you can find in the December 2009 BRM:

In Platform this month, John Emerson introduces the BRM project layout, Canons Cross, built by the Market Deeping MRC and will feature in the next four month's issues.

News and Product Reviews

A first look at Bachmann's ROB 2-8-0 and decorated samples of their 4-CEP, as well as Hornby's new Castle - as seen at the Peterborough show. There's also a first glimpse of some of the new Farish models and Dapol's forthcoming 58 and 86 -as seen at their open day. Tony Wright examines Hornby's new Clan and there's a review of two backscenes.

Layout Focus

John de Frayssinet's superb County Gate, OO9 modelling at its best, Whitley South Dock, Michael Tomas' coal staith-based layout in OO and Talyllyn Road, a Brecon & Merthyr/ Cambrian branch in EM by Andy Cundick

Freight Only

Tony Buckton builds 50' bogie steel wagons in N gauge.

Starting Out

The complex subject of scale and gauge is examined by Richard Wilson

Structure Modelling

Paul Bason completes Bridge No.56 which he started in last month's magazine.

Permanent Way

One of C&L's new Timber Tracks turnouts is constructed by Nigel Burkin

Toy Division

David Brown looks at one of the Class 31s which is still in service on the main line in BR green.

Locomotive Construction

Charlie King builds a 7mm scale Black Five from the David Andrews kit.

Readers Layouts

Portable Preservation by Roger Dean - an exhibition layout in N gauge incorporating preserved motive power. Crockherbtown - a OO layout created by Robert Foot as a excuse to run his new Bachmann Class 08. An N gauge layout in a caravan by D Stott and on in a park home annexe by P Kipling. Westwood Park - a large N gauge layout with eight-platform station by Robert Davey and St Mary's Cove - a simple N gauge exhibition layout incorporating a beach, by B H Lee.

There's also two supplements - a listing of Hornby dealerships and one on Railway Road Vehicles by Mike Forbes, Editor of sister magazine, Diecast Collector

There's also two supplements - a listing of Hornby dealerships and one on Railway Road Vehicles by Mike Forbes, Editor of sister magazine, Diecast Collector

My subscription copy arrived yesterday and I got three supplements - the two mentioned above AND the 2010 Annual Catalogue from Dapol. An exceptional package of reading.

G.

My newsagent had copies today, with 4 supplements, Dapol, Road Vehicles, Hattons and Hornby,

I think there was a mag. there somewhere too. Saved the mag, rest in the recycle box.

Now, me and the dog are off to the pub for some good quality reading,

it's dreadful weather down here, so to be quite and undisturbed, the pub. :rolleyes:

Penlan

Archived