"Wales, Rails, Rain & Steel" A micro steelworks layout... in the rain!

marc smith

Just bumping this thread, as I've had a bit more mojo lately :)
I need to make space, and will soon be selling this layout - a house move is in the plans
Once I've done that, and built my current project, I will be building more layouts, or at least one larger project
...need to reduce the amount of train related stuff I'm never going to finish, or use though :)

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Pass along Rover Way and the steel works daily. This is spot on..... I don't have the room for a mother layout but would be interested in the South Wales loco's and rolling stock if you ever decided to sell them also.

all the best with the house move, Cardiff ?

Edited by Leon
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Just looking back through this thread, as I've been selling a few items just recently (including another layout)
I'm going to be advertising it for sale elsewhere, and just wanted to see if there was any interest in it?
It's truly a Micro Layout, at only just over 3 feet in length, by around 15" deep.

The fiddle yard is around 20" or so and includes a "wired-in" Peco Loco lift -  so you can keep sound locos ticking away. 
Also included is the power supply for the LED lights - I spent nearly £100 on those alone.

DSC_4975.jpg

DSC_4959.jpg

WRRS Plan.jpgAnyone interested in buying this little Steelworks Micro - please PM me :) 

Edited by marc smith
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 hours ago, mudmagnet said:

Another cracking layout Marc, but one which I did not see at any exhibitions, sadly....

I saw it at the RM Web members day at Stafford many years ago, Richard? 2011 in fact. You were there the following year with Orchard Road.

DSCF1026.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for your kind words guys :) 
That was a fab day at Stafford @Andrew P - big thanks to Andy Y for putting that on. Can't wait for another rmweb members day

This layout is now sold - I put it on Facebook, and guy asked me to put it by for him, after only about 30 mins :o 
Once we're ready to move house, I can start thinking about my next project! :) 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Marc,

Nice to see that this layout has a new home.

Hopefully we'll see more of it. I've been so busy with work that I haven't had much time to do anything with Poynton, I do have a week of leave coming up next month so I plan on getting a lot of modelling done including hopefully getting some track down on the new EM project.

Cheers,

Wayne