Dudley Road & Peters Street

Pete Harvey

DSCF3791.jpg

DSCF3790.jpg

DSCF3793.jpg

The name boards are laser printed on to normal paper and PVA ed on to the frame which is two

brass rods with a pieces of brass plate soldered between them.

DSCF3794.jpg

DSCF3787.jpg

DSCF3797.jpg

DSCF3796.jpg

I have mounted the SEEP solenoid point motors and the Switch Pilot and Switch Extension unit for controlling the signals.

DSCF3816.jpg DSCF3817.jpg DSCF3819.jpg

Well that has the fiddle yard fully wired and the link cable for the other board connected for points and signals.

DSCF3821.jpg

I managed to get some of the new Peco Dummy Point Motors and TPWS grids and what a big difference they make.

DSCF3820.jpg DSCF3823.jpg

Pete

• RMweb Gold

Hi Pete

I remember seeing both of these superb layouts at the crewe exhibition earlier this year and I must admit I have to have a look at the photos for these awesome layouts atleast once a month.

Just for the inspiration keep up the great work colin

Here are some pictures of the figures used on the Peters Street.

01012009167.jpg

01012009171.jpg

I still have some people to place but I have repainted some of there clothes but you get the idea.

01012009168.jpg

01012009169.jpg

These last two pictures are of the two scratchbuilt benches painted and in place

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Pete

Only just found this via the layout topics as opposed to the blogs.

I really enjoy both layouts - each captures a completely different scene and the attention to detail is terrific - I do like small self contained highly detailed layouts and both of these are a testament to that - the magazine shoot pics are breathtaking. :icon_thumbsup2:

Inspirational work - any more photos? ;)

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for some inspirational modelling. Can you provide a little detail about the lighting on and inside the engine shed? Are they all scratch built lighting units or are some proprietary product used? I am keen to create the same intensity of lighting on and inside an engine shed I am building, but have no practical experience in this area.

The great thing about moving something over from the last RMweb is that we get to see great layouts being built a second time !!! Thanks for taking the time to remind us smile.gif

John

Totally agree John, reread these when Pete transfered it all across. They are fantastic layouts and I wish I could model to the same standard. Any update on your new layout Pete I could do with a Pete Harvey fix just now.

Hi

What can I say about this layout there is plenty of inspiration and attention to detail, from the deck chairs...the Blue circle cement bags on the palettes, which must have been a tedious job to achieve and the end result look fab along with barbeque.

Love the way you have made it to stack/store, I presume that is for exhibition standards...

When will it be making its appearance and where...?

Some of the photos look great especially those at ground level as if you were taking it in real life; those are the shots I like to see...

Keep it up ... I have my eye on this for its future advancements, well done to all that have made this layout a reality...

Regards Jamie

Hi Pete

I really do love this layout

The modern image side of it look superb, the modern buffer stops that light up, the shelters... and the modern working signals...!

You really do bring the layout to life as we would see it in the real world.

Keep the photos coming because they look really good?

Jamie

• 4 months later...

Just a little update on Dudley Road and Peters Street they will be both be visiting the Model Rail 2010 event at Barrow Hill Round House on the 25th and 26th of September this year and the week before Dudley Road will be at the Redditch Model Railway groups September show the week before.

Pete

Archived