This forum area will be available for the first couple of weeks for members to make test posts to explore functionality.

Draft Blog - slattocks junction - can people see it?

craigwelsh

I can see it Craig and it's on my Active list too but only you, the moderators and I can see it until you click on Publish; no-one else should be able to see it. I haven't had chance to test if other editors you allocate would be able to see it.

• RMweb Gold
I've put some stuff up in draft mode and I just want to check that people can't actually see it? It does show up in my active content list.

Hi Craig,

No, others can't see it. However, if you click a link to a draft or unpublished blog entry you get an error message, not a graceful exit. Also draft/unpublished blog entries appear in the "Active Content" list -- but again you get an error message when clicked.

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

Well what I see is:

Slattocks Junction - Manchester MRS P4 Layout has no entries yet

So the answer is no, with the exceptions that Andy mentioned, no one else can see it.

Thanks guys, just wanted to check as i'd seen a bug report about certain ways of seeing entries via the tags http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=18786&st=0&gopid=72801entry72801

As we aren't showing a tag cloud we should be ok then.

I'll get another editor to have a look at it once they've logged on here and in one case, re-registered.

A guest trying to search doesn't get too graceful an error message either.

• RMweb Gold

This is what I see when I click a link to a draft blog:

post-1103-1255008022244_thumb.png

There's no warning in the "Active Content" that it's a draft, so it looks to an inexperienced user that he has done something wrong. It needs a more graceful exit, saying something like "Sorry, this entry has not been published yet. Please try again later".

regards,

Martin.

Well what I see is:

So the answer is no, with the exceptions that Andy mentioned, no one else can see it.

Do you (or anyone) see the tags though and what happens if you click one?

Same sort of error as guest searching that Martin.

i've asked the others editors if they can see the drafts as that would be the primary use of the feature (upload by committee ;) ).

• RMweb Gold

Ah, found out how I got to my message.

If you click on 'Slattocks Junction' on the error screen it goes to another one which shows the 'No entries' message.

This DOES show the tags, but clicking on them takes you back to the same 'No entries' screen.

Hope this helps.

Ian

I myself get:

when I search for a tag that doesn't yet exist (i'm trying to create a link to all posts with a set of tags at the moment).

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/blog/61-slattocks-junction-manchester-mrs-p4-layout/page__tag__Ramsbottom

works for me but should error for you.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/blog/61-slattocks-junction-manchester-mrs-p4-layout/page__tag__Ramsbottoms

gives Slattocks Junction - Manchester MRS P4 Layout has no entries yet as its a false tag.

Not sure how you got it when you clicked on what should have been a working link though.

Ah, found out how I got to my message.

If you click on 'Slattocks Junction' on the error screen it goes to another one which shows the 'No entries' message.

This DOES show the tags, but clicking on them takes you back to the same 'No entries' screen.

Hope this helps.

Ian

That seems fine then as I gave a link to an entry within the blog rather than the main screen. When you click on the link to the main blog it works as it should.

Still not sure why my drafts turned up in the Active Content list but otherwise it seems fine.

Still awaiting feedback form the other editors on whether they can see the drafts.

• RMweb Gold

I myself get:

when I search for a tag that doesn't yet exist (i'm trying to create a link to all posts with a set of tags at the moment).

http://www.rmweb.co....tag__Ramsbottom

works for me but should error for you.

http://www.rmweb.co....ag__Ramsbottoms

gives Slattocks Junction - Manchester MRS P4 Layout has no entries yet as its a false tag.

Not sure how you got it when you clicked on what should have been a working link though.

Oh dear - I can see your draft when I click on that link - I've checked and I didn't try all the tags - yes, I do see drafts if I come in that way.

p.s. It includes "Anybody know what the dimensions are? I would guess 1" holes 2" from the end and then a further four inches."

I did actually post the dimensions -- did you see them?

Martin.

Do an 'F5', this is one of the reasons it was supposed to be draft still!

Btw you also responded to the bit about Exactoscale crossing length, do you mind me posting up the picture that you put with it illustrating the REA crossing?

• RMweb Gold
Do an 'F5', this is one of the reasons it was supposed to be draft still!

Btw you also responded to the bit about Exactoscale crossing length, do you mind me posting up the picture that you put with it illustrating the REA crossing?

Hi Craig,

F5 pressed -- thanks! :)

You mean this one?

bh_xing.jpg

That's fine by me to hot-link it from my site, but strictly it's not my copyright to OK. I don't know who owns it, it appears in many track data books. Going by the equalized (skewed) timbers, I would think it goes back to the original REA design around 1925. The metric dimensions are obviously later changes.

regards,

Martin.

Archived