Ruarchmont

DelticBlade

One hour or so in the loft today after a nice day in the garden sorting the chicken/orchard fencing out. No doubt tomorrow the chickens will be wandering the main garden.

Today's task in the loft has been the cricket field/village green so far I am quite please with it and the trial fitting of some platform lighting. Hopefully, tomorrow I will be able to get them illuminated and that will be another thing to tick off. 

IMG_20200321_193649.jpg

• Like 1

On 20/03/2020 at 17:16, DelticBlade said:

I would be interested to hear from others who have a cricket match happening on their layouts and what figures etc they might use, plus pavilion.

I just happened on this from a few yarn ago:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64671-seagry/&_fromLogin=1 

Kev_Lewis's Seagry (which I believe he has passed on to someone else).

I have seen that Peco 5300 Cricket Teams and Peco 5400 Pavilion are around and about.

Edited by Jimmy Thompson
Add Peco items
  • Thanks 1

Being off work and effectively on-call is interesting. Contacting parents twice a day to check on the pupils leaves time for garden and model railway.

Finally started the street lights, fitting them with resistors. The wires are really fiddly, I thought wires for colour lights were bad, these are equally if not more so. Only 4 more to do on the street and then attention will turn to wiring up the platform lighting on another section of the layout.

My brother has suggested that I correct an omission. A toilet block near the tunnel mouth as found at Holcombe.

IMG_20200327_211914.jpg

Over a number of days, I have been able to really get on with the row of shops, I am now awaiting a few bits to complete them, plus the covered walkway.

I had mistakenly thought that the old 3 storey buildings from Scalescenes had an option stucco texture of different colours. Fortunately the people there were really helpful and sorted me a few colours. A big thanks to them. There are around another 3 buildings on that side of the road to build. When they are done it will be time to think what is going on the other side of the road. Certainly a pub of some description, probably a cinema too.

I had planned to lay a road, but the ink has run out in the printer.

I have found a bag of figures and have got them placed, at least one part of the layout looks 'busy'.

IMG_20200403_145209.jpg

IMG_20200402_205222.jpg

IMG_20200401_150453.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The last couple of weeks have seen a few more lights being sorted for different sections of the layout. Street lights on the low level, platform lights and street lights on my Torbay Road section. The hill overlooking Torbay Road are just about done.

I am quite taken aback by comments of people who have seen photos. I have explained to them that I am not a good modeller, if they want to see some proper modelling then they need to have a look at some of the layouts that have inspired not only me, but countless others.

The photos were taken following the installation of the old style street lights. The road leading to the station will have the same lights as the street on the low level. Lighting certainly gives a different atmosphere to a layout. I am glad that I didn't illuminate the shops in the first instance as it may have made the scene too bright.

IMG_20200420_210532.jpg

IMG_20200420_210605.jpg

IMG_20200420_214751_795.jpg

IMG_20200420_210451.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

There has been no update for quite some time. Below are a few pictures taken fairly recently.

The branch line station now has fencing at the end of the platform, plus some gates. There probably need to be a few poster boards facing the passengers as they walk out of the ticket office.

I'm thinking of a bit of a tweak to the track layout on the approach to the station with the addition of a curved point to depart from another platform.

IMG_20200202_210308.jpg

PXL_20201122_173121238.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20211107_121833293~2.jpg

• Like 2