This may seem a silly question, but

madknotter

This may seem a silly question, but I do not know the answer and you guys are much more clued up than me, as I am really new to this game. Would a 0-4-2t or 0-4-4t go around a tighter curve than a 0-6-0T. The reason I ask my curve is borderline I dont have buffer lock but my 0-6-0t is really struggling and will even derail if it is facing the wrong way.

This may seem a silly question, but I do not know the answer and you guys are much more clued up than me, as I am really new to this game. Would a 0-4-2t or 0-4-4t go around a tighter curve than a 0-6-0T. The reason I ask my curve is borderline I dont have buffer lock but my 0-6-0t is really struggling and will even derail if it is facing the wrong way.

A few more details might be usefull, the type of loco that you've got and the radius of the curve. A photo might be usefull as well.

As for an 0-4-2, it depends on the amount of sideplay on the rear wheelset and the length of the wheelbase.

4' rad is not a curve it is a corner, the 0-4-4 or 4-4-0 will go round this type of bend but what you have to think of is not the wheelbase but the wheelbase to bogie center that will control the rad. of curve you can get your loco round.

If your 0-6-0 will go round the corner in one direction but not the other it can be down to pick-ups or unequal side play on the center axle.

OzzyO.

Archived