Darlington 2009 - in the round 2!

Mr.S.corn78

Guest TomTank

I'm going to have to pass now i'm afraid. Work has come up on Saturday and I can't come Sunday :(

Hope all goes well though and all have a great time!

• RMweb Gold

Fellburn all packed in the car and ready to go later this afternoon. See you all tomorrow.

Why did the layout fit in my old Astra (P reg) better than my Vectra (W reg)?

Hi,

you should have mesured it before you bought it tongue.gif

just about to set off for set up. Everything is in the car and ready to go.

See you all later today or tomorrow morning.

cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold

IIRC Astra's had a larger interior cubic capacity

Yes I know that now, the opening is slightly narrower and the slope of the door doesn't help. After 3 years with my first estate, then 2 weeks with the second (this one was murdered - rear end shunt) i've been spoilt.

Fellburn is now set up and ready to go. Looks like a great selection of layouts Simon has gathered together.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

well the big day is here.

Lack of sleep but im ready to go.

Just about to set off and start what will be a very long day.

see you all at the show. If you come down say hi as i will be wandering around or on Sift'tem sidings

cheers

Simon

I've just got home from the show, i thoroughly enjoyed it biggrin.gif there was a nice variety of layouts, i liked the container terminal with dcc sound blink.gif

Of course my wallet became much lighter after a track purchase from Plus Daughters wink.gif

And that sausage sarnie was well worth it cool.gif

The only thing i was slightly dissapointed with was a lack of N gauge layouts, there was the one (the name escapes me) but i was hoping for a few more N layouts sad.gif

Overall though a very good show and worth a trip through (:

Guest Blackdog

Another satisfied customer. I spent a couple of hours there over lunch time.

It was packed when I got there but the crowds eased allowing an easier passage around the layouts.

just returned home back to falkirk. really enjoyed the show some really cracking layouts had a good chat with nick gurney about his lovely layout holland park. good selection of traders :rolleyes: :rolleyes: well donesimon and his exhibition team ;) ;) i spent almost six hours at the show. i believe in getting my monies worth. :lol: suprb venue, tried the famous all day breakfast. :lol: :D cheers joe.

• RMweb Gold

It was so busy all day I needed a rest at the end - at my age these things happen - but at least I made the dinner in the evening, some layouts were so tired they didn't make the evening do.

Another succesful year for WFRM (and friends), a further trophy was added to our collection ...

post-6662-1260091251425_thumb.gif

We won the box of celebrations for getting the highest score in the quiz B)

Big thanks to Simon and the team for another superb weekend.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Simon and team for a great weekend.

A few photos...

Croft Depot

post-7104-12601250058498_thumb.jpg

Crumley & Little Wickhill

post-7104-12601250769777_thumb.jpg

post-7104-12601250919008_thumb.jpg

Farkham

post-7104-12601251092669_thumb.jpg

Hospital Gates

post-7104-1260125152527_thumb.jpg

post-7104-12601251829089_thumb.jpg

Johnstown Road

post-7104-1260125206104_thumb.jpg

post-7104-12601252346001_thumb.jpg

post-7104-12601252533662_thumb.jpg

post-7104-12601252718168_thumb.jpg

Longcarse West

post-7104-12601253061201_thumb.jpg

post-7104-12601253484244_thumb.jpg

Shifttem Sidings

post-7104-12601253746537_thumb.jpg

Stainsby

post-7104-12601254045405_thumb.jpg

Teesbay

post-7104-12601254351223_thumb.jpg

post-7104-12601254697918_thumb.jpg

Then we got silly on Fellburn and ran this Australian loco, well they do take coal trains to Newcastle (NSW).

post-7104-12601255581764_thumb.jpg

Hi Simon

Please pass on our thanks to all members of Darlington Model Railay Club for a really great weekend. We had a great time. Decided to chance the M62 on the way back back to Wales. No hold ups but the constant 50 mph sections were a pain in the wotsit. Even so we got back home just after 8.30 pm. See you at Rainhill.

Cheers

George

On behalf of 'Bomber Command', thanks to Simon and the Darlington Crew for their hospitality over the weekend.

A nice friendly show with good variety of layouts and trade, and (embarasingly) another dent in our 'brasso' budget so we must have done something right... biggrin.gif

Paul

Guest Digital

Thanks to Simon and everyone for a great exhibition.

All of us on Nick's Holland Park layout had a great time.

Regards....John

DRS Class 20's Detailing and painting by Pete Harvey. Photo Copyright Geoff Griffiths

A busy Scale 4 stand with members of the excellent Wirral Finescale Club giving demo's.

A busy Scale 4 stand with members of the excellent Wirral Finescale Club giving demo's.

Dont know about demoing, looks like Pete is telling them a bedtime story and Mike has nodded off and Dave is just about to! Simon is waiting for them all to go to sleep then he will pinch the Celebrations back!

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

well now i have had a little while to sit down and relax (just like beast wink.gif )

I would just like to say thank you on behalf of the club and myself to all the exhibitors and demonstrators and of course the public who made the trip, some distance is some cases to Darlington to attend the show.

Thank you for the nice comments that you have left and the great pics.

As ever, it was nice to see some old friends again and also meet some new ones.

I belive a good time was had by all and well done to the Hull guys and the Crumley and Little Wickhill layout for winning both the cup and the shield.

Well done to WFRM for winning the quiz and collecting the prize.

The collage staff deserve a big thanks also. From Jane who lets me book the room to the mantaince guys, they were great at finding us more tables and where very proffestional and polite the whole weekend. a credit to the collage.

On a personal note i would like the thank the club members who gave up thier weekend to help out and special thanks to Dave C for his mamouth effort on the publicity front and to his long suffering partner B who also gave up her weekend to run the tombola and keep Dave in check.

Finally to My girlfriend who came to visit and was very impressed with the layouts and she was amazed at the detail that everyone had on thier layouts and stock. She isn't a model railway person and thought that you just bought them made like that blink.gif smile.gif still she is slowly being converted!! cool.gif

Dont know about demoing, looks like Pete is telling them a bedtime story and Mike has nodded off and Dave is just about to! Simon is waiting for them all to go to sleep then he will pinch the Celebrations back!

What they don't know is that we had taken the chocolates out and just put the wrappers back in. Can't go spoiling them to much wink.gif cool.gif tongue.gif

Thank you all again and we look forward to seeing you all next year

cheers

Simon

Guest Digital

Photos at the Darlington Show of Nick's Excellent "Holland Park" Layout. Taken by Geoff Griffiths.

John

Great show, thanks to Simon and the team for the hospitality and organising a great show. Thanks to my team, John, Geoff and Pete without them I just couldn't show the layout. Finally thanks to the Wirral Finescale lads for the laughs and the banter!

A very enjoyable couple of hours spent yesterday. A much nicer venue than any of the ones i remember from the past, a good selection of layouts and good trade support. We got my grandad round in 3 goes - an ideal venue from that point of view. A great treat for me to see Longcarse West in the flesh, while the 2mm FS stand's demo layout was simply amazing from the point of view of someone with increasingly bad eyes and 2 left thumbs.

Thanks to the chap on the S-4 stand who answered a few questions and let me look at w-irons under wagons, to 51L for having the NER S4 signal box etches and to John Fozard for throwing the cat among the pigeons and letting me know that someone else is doing Broomielaw too (two ideal locations lost in a week: time to keep my gob shut or get some modelling done - someone please buy this house).

On the whole much as its a shame that Gladstone Street Baths were lost under a car park, this is a much better venue than that or the Dolphin Centre and altogether a much better show allround.

Thanks to all who made it happen.

Archived