Darlington 2009 - in the round 2!

Mr.S.corn78

Thanks to Simon, Dave and the rest of the Darlington crew for putting on a cracking show.

Longcarse West behaved itself very well with no electrical gremlins. However, we experienced too many derailments with the freight stock and I'm starting to think my decision not to spring shorter vehicles may have been a mistake.

For me the best layout of the weekend was Hospital Gates, all it was missing was some blue diesels and BR wagons biggrin.gif . Did I mention I'm starting to fany a dabble in 7mm?

Cheers

David

Another thank-you to organisers for their efforts. Layouts were a tribute to their owners' efforts.

Now I don't know who could walk from Darlington station to the college in 10 minutes, but it certainly wasn't me. Granted I did come out of the station at the side and probably chose the longer way to the college but that was around 25 mins. Return was quicker and I went in the right entrance but it still took me 15 to 20 mins!! And I don't walk that slow either!!

Anyway, nice comfortable Mark 4 trip there and back.

Thankyou to the Darlington club and Simon in particular for the invite to bring Croft Depot to your show...we had a great weekend and met a lot of people who knew the Croft branch (at times it seemed like we had half the population of Hurworth Place talking to us...including the nephew of the woman who used to run the coal business at the depot!)

The Darlington show has got to be the premier show in the NE, top quality layouts, great venue, good catering...and first class organising.

Regards

Duncan

Guest Digital

Some more Photos at the Darlington Show of Nick's Excellent "Holland Park" Layout. Taken by Geoff Griffiths.

John

• RMweb Gold

We will find Dave plenty to do this weekend, so hope he made the most of the kip while he had chance, as he definately won't get chance this weekend.......

Last year I was actually manning the tea bar for a while - this year I will be inspecting the warm, comfortable areas of the halls :P

Last year I was actually manning the tea bar for a while - this year I will be inspecting the warm, comfortable areas of the halls :P

That's what you would like to think...... From what was mentioned we have a more exciting job for you this year. you may get to sit down but afraid there is no chance of a kip....... :P

It was so busy all day I needed a rest at the end - at my age these things happen - but at least I made the dinner in the evening, some layouts were so tired they didn't make the evening do.

Another succesful year for WFRM (and friends), a further trophy was added to our collection ...

post-6662-1260091251425_thumb.gif

We won the box of celebrations for getting the highest score in the quiz B)

Big thanks to Simon and the team for another superb weekend.

Well done on winning the quiz, i just hope you all shared the chocolates out equally, and there was no fighting..........

Archived