colour--(Blue?)

I presume this is for the Hachette Scotsman? There were a variety of blues used during the experimental period, but Caledonian Blue is the nearest to a standard. It faded significantly making touch up difficult and this was part of it's demise. You may be able to find photos of an A3 with white/black/white lining very similar to the LNER style. If so, then either the transfers you have or anything similar would be appropriate. If you want pink or red lining (as used on some examples), you may need to learn the art of the lining pen...

Hope this helps,

Simon.

I presume this is for the Hachette Scotsman? There were a variety of blues used during the experimental period, but Caledonian Blue is the nearest to a standard. It faded significantly making touch up difficult and this was part of it's demise. You may be able to find photos of an A3 with white/black/white lining very similar to the LNER style. If so, then either the transfers you have or anything similar would be appropriate. If you want pink or red lining (as used on some examples), you may need to learn the art of the lining pen...

Hope this helps,

Simon.

Thanks Simon for your quick response,and no it's not for the Hatchette Scotsman (I've already finished that page-31/32?)

I've started to build a DAVID ANDREWS,Peppercorn,A2 and was wondering about the colours and transfers

Thanks again -----ROB

Guest Max Stafford

Rob, none of the A2s received blue, it was only the Class 8 A1s, 3s and 4s that were on the end of the blue brush.

Dave.

According to the RCTS Green Book.

The blue was not the same colour as used on some of the A3 class.

to quote. ' It was akin to a rather deeper version of Caledoniam Railway blue.'

The lining was also rather different to the standard LNER lining. With a combination of broad black and narrow white and double narrow white.

As this scheme did not last for very long and that it was on locos used in a relatively restricted field of operation and that not very many people had cameras in those days and that film was rather varied in it's ability to render colour accurately I can't tell you any more tham that.

Bernard

Archived