Warley NEC 2010

Penlan

I'll be there along with some of my BMRG colleagues on Pengwynn Crossing, we also have another layout there as well, Elm Park.

The photos on the Warley website are Mr. Nevards photos of Pengwynn when we backdated it, http://www.thewarleyshow.co.uk/2010%20pengwynn.htm, I would just like to inform you all that Pengwynn will be in its original 1980's guise, not in its Transition period as per the photos, and most of the stock will be the original stock from when the layout was built, including the Lima loco's, which are in the process of being serviced by me as we speak :blink: :blink: One disappoinment is that the Telecom DMU will not be appearing, as the chassis is basically knackered.

So do pop along and say hello, and I'll try and get over for the meetup at 13:00.

Regards

Neal.

• RMweb Gold

Hope to make the 1pm meet, will see how it goes.

I will be helping John Wiffen(Scalescenes) on his stand over the weekend.

Least I could as he has come all the way over from Aus, need to let him have a break and be able to have a good look round the exhibition himself!

So if I don't make the meet up will hopefully see you at the Scalescenes stand FO5...where ever that may be.

Cheers

Ian

I'm Going my ticket has come through from my local club,

I'll try and wear something distinctive....

Anyway I'm the 6 foot four guy, with a slightly wonky nose, bad haircut and wears really squeaky trainers so i shouldn't hard to be missed (or misheard!)

Also is there a little members gathering at all? because it would be great to meet some of you guys and gals out there! :)

"Also is there a little members gathering at all"

Is that so you can laud it over those of us who are 5ft 6in, have a smart hair cut and silent trainers :lol: :lol:

Sorry, could not resist.

Yeah you could say that :P

haha :lol:

Bruce.

EDIT: any you guys want a quick mugshot of me, just incase you do see me and i look like a lost soul wondering round the middle at 1pm?

I shall be attending on Sunday.

A tip for anyone driving from the east, saving a LOT on cost of parking!

Come off the M6 (Junc2 I believe) and follow the road around the south and west of the town. You pass close by Canley station on the right (1/4mile or so); This small station, postcode CB56BH, has free car parking. Train fare return to Birmingham International (about 20 mins) is £1 - yes! with a railcard discount, so presumably £1-50p without. Last time I parked at the NEC it was I think £8 to park.

• RMweb Gold

I shall be attending on Sunday.

A tip for anyone driving from the east, saving a LOT on cost of parking!

Come off the M6 (Junc2 I believe) and follow the road around the south and west of the town. You pass close by Canley station on the right (1/4mile or so); This small station, postcode CB56BH, has free car parking. Train fare return to Birmingham International (about 20 mins) is £1 - yes! with a railcard discount, so presumably £1-50p without. Last time I parked at the NEC it was I think £8 to park.

Thats CV5 6BH and you can also park at Tile Hill further up the A45.

I'll be there on the Saturday and, despite knowing it 'll be crazily busy, I'm really looking forward to it! It is a long day travelling by train from Southampton but I haven't been for the last 5 years and I'll enjoy the journey too!

I should be there right from the start to make full use of the day - just hope I don't get tempted to spend too much. Looking forward to seeing Blackmill in the flesh particularly.

I've never met anyone from RMWeb in real life either so I might try getting to the meet-up if I feel brave enough!

• RMweb Premium

The van has been delivered by the hire company.

A few items to attend to and some wheel cleaning tonight. Bacon butty at 9am Friday, load the van at the club and NEC next stop. Ready for a busy weekend with Blackmill.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Final preparation of 'Hinton Parva' took place at the High Wycombe and District MRS last night before it gets loaded tomorrow morning. Come along and say hello we are Stand D30.

post-243-052503300 1290107273_thumb.jpg

post-243-061170100 1290107296_thumb.jpg

post-243-048122500 1290107396_thumb.jpg

(pictures courtesy of Hornby Magazine and Chris Nevard)

As a one off special for the show we should be running a couple of guest NPCCS vans of the 6 wheel variety courtesy of a certain magazine....a first chance to see them running.

Not content with one layout at the show, we are also exhibiting one of our N Scale layouts 'Hamilton' Stand E17

Here's hoping its a good weekend...

As soon as I can get out of work I'll be off to do the loading of Hinton Parva and the drive up the M40 to the NEC. It's going to be a busy weekend, doubt I'll make the meet up, unless it is held alongside D30 rolleyes.gif

Mark

Archived