Warley NEC 2010

Penlan

I suspect it will all be back to what passes for "normal" by tomorrow - it looks as though a Cessna light a/c either landed short or slid off the far end of the runway - A45 traffic severly disrupted

latest I have

Two men on board a light aircraft transporting a donor organ have been injured, one critically, when the plane crashed and caught fire as it landed at Birmingham Airport.West Midlands Police said the donor organ, reported to be a liver, had been transported to a local hospital despite the wreckage of the Cessna catching fire.

Meanwhile, it also emerged that a pilot from the Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance entered the burning jet (???) to cut its fuel supply after the crash at about 3.30pm.

I suspect it will all be back to what passes for "normal" by tomorrow - it looks as though a Cessna light a/c either landed short or slid off the far end of the runway - A45 traffic severly disrupted

latest I have

Two men on board a light aircraft transporting a donor organ have been injured, one critically, when the plane crashed and caught fire as it landed at Birmingham Airport.West Midlands Police said the donor organ, reported to be a liver, had been transported to a local hospital despite the wreckage of the Cessna catching fire.

Meanwhile, it also emerged that a pilot from the Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance entered the burning jet (???) to cut its fuel supply after the crash at about 3.30pm.

Let's hope the crew of the plane make a full recovery.

I'm sure he did, but it seems a little bizarre that it is implied the first response was from WNAA, which is located 10 miles away at Coventry Airport (unless plan A was for them to pick the organ up).

I hope the injured parties make a full and speedy recovery, and hopefully the airport will re-open tomorrow morning for anyone flying into the show.

I'm sure he did, but it seems a little bizarre that it is implied the first response was from WNAA, which is located 10 miles away at Coventry Airport (unless plan A was for them to pick the organ up).

I hope the injured parties make a full and speedy recovery, and hopefully the airport will re-open tomorrow morning for anyone flying into the show.

WNAA was in position to transport the organ to Coventry hospital for transplant, it then airlifted the pilot to hospital instead.

I was just coming off the M42 and entering the NEC as the emergency services were making there way to some incident. Seems that was it. I too hope everyone involved is OK. Pretty foggy weather and maybe that played a part.

Reason for trip to the NEC - to setup the new Leamington & Warwick mrs club stand, picture here on web site

So please drop by and say hello and remember we have our show at Stoneleigh in Jan, details on our web site.

Warley looks good this year, looking forward to a pre opening peek tomorrow morning. Its great to be able to take pictures without the crowds.

Erm last post for me tonight, wake up at 7 ish... :P

Right guys, Meet at middle as planned 1 pm I'll be in a Motorhead tShirt with a 'Warpig' printed on the front of it, i'll make sure you can see me, if you do grab me and say hi i don't bite.

Also safe journey for everyone for the morning and i hope all goes well, also hope that the airport issue gets sorted out in the appropriate manner ASAP (as i know some european and Irish modellers fly in for the weekend.)

Hi all

Just to say that I shall be on the Signalling Record Society stand at some during both days and will also be having a stroll about with my critical eyes in :unsure: . There is a reason for that which will become apparent at the due time. If you are about come and say hi or simply come and talk signalling. I am aiming to make it to the meet- you should be able to recognise me - I'll be the blonde (just about as my roots are not good!) with 'Natalie' on my badge.

See you all there and here's to another good show.

No photo's i'm afraid but I did have a look at the three painted examples of the 2 EPB and they looked pretty good! I'm sure others will post them on.

Enjoyed the show, but didn't spend too much. Of note for those heading tomorrow, the Heljan stand was selling Coca Cola 47 bodies (Demelza) for a pound each! Silver fox kits has a mass of loco bodies for sale for a tenner each including Bachmann class 37's, 57's and 66's.

Was a little disappointed with the Bachmann returns stand, 150's at £58 and 4CEP's at £86 I felt was a little overpriced but i'm sure they'll sell them anyway. There seemed to be quite a lot of American layouts, the O guage New York Subway layout stood out as something just that bit different with an elevated layout with roads underneath.

May end up on telly next monday, we were asked by a BBC crew to go and sit and listen to Pete Waterman talking about his layout while they filmed it.

Had a good old trawl around the layouts and trade stands but somehow still missed a few... and spent the afternoon trying to fight off a splitting headache (I knew I shouldn't have had that Boddingtons at lunch time!) Handing some cash over for various goodies seemed to ease the pain a little though. I forgot all about the 1pm meet up, my mate dragged me back into the bar to get a round in :rolleyes:

Nice to see the new NBL Class 22 on the Dapol stand (and on Kernow's stand of course), first impression is it looks a good 'un, but the cabside numbers are too big, other than that it looks rather tasty... I can't wait to run a fine toothed digit or two over it and have a proper gander once it's released (not to mention weathering one).

Over on the Heljan stand the pre-production Baby Deltic, Co-Bo and Lion caught my eye.... all three of which had the old grey cells and wallet twitching somewhat. The same goes for the 7mm Deltic, 26 and 33.... the more I think about the Deltic the more tempting it becomes.

In Bachmann's glass case the Class 70 took me by surprise, as did the S&D 7F, they both look superb. I'm not much of a Southern man really but the two car SR EMU looked rather special (in all three liveries), plus the LMS 'Twins' 10000 and 10001 in pre-production form look very promising.

I actually surprised myself this year by not spending as much as I normally do, some of the locos I was looking for were nowhere to be seen but I did come away with a green Hornby 08, a Parkside LNER van kit and a couple of good books. I was tempted by a blue Bachmann 03 as well, what a beauty that little thing is.

I know we all like to have a moan now and again (justified in some cases, granted), but overall I'd say, going by what is currently on offer or soon will be in 2, 4 and 7mm, we're pretty much spoilt for choice with quality r-t-r

these days. I very nearly didn't go to Warley this year but am glad I did, it's given me another much needed kick up the backside, as well as a few ideas about what direction to go in.

Nidge ;)

Any one confirm date & time & channel of the TV program?

I was told that it will be on BBC1's Inside Out on Monday 29th - 7:30 I think is the time it's aired. Assuming the take is used i'm sitting in the front row on the right with my son and dad to my right. He was filmed quite a bit around the show as the day went on.

Archived