The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Bit of a damp start and there may be some more rain or drizzle but should brighten up this afternoon.

I will be donning knee pads shortly - there is work to be done.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a damp and dreary Estuary-Land. I had to Google ejumacated but where a towel comes in to it is a mystery to me. Nothing exciting happening today except for a trip to the shops. Just spotted this new emoticon on the list :punish: now someone's going to tell me that its been there for ages.

• Like 5

Morning all from 'amsphire where it is nice and sunny, just above cloud level. Garden getting a bit of a refreshing drizzle.

Well, I stuck to my decision yesterday (sort of) and didn't spend the whole day working at the computer. Instead I thought that in the quest for the elusive modelling mojo that it might be better to go and look for it rather than wait for it to come to me. So, I popped out to the garage and cut-out some 40 semi-circular pieces of brickwork for the railway arches on my layout. I swear this is the last time I do "grimy, urban" as a theme. All now glued in place ready for painting.  

Reading of the Sevenoaks show I'm minded to point out the upcoming (mid-September) show at Woking. Any ERers thinking of going? 

Still coughing up parts of lung. 

Have a nice day everyone. Andy

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning, damp outside but at least the plants got a good watering last night.

Other half duly picked up at Manchester airport in the early hours of yesterday morning, accompanied by a 35 min que for passport control due to the e reader gates not working, eventually she arrived and we got home around 4 am so a lazy day was had yesterday.

Supermarket beckons this morning then a few odd jobs to do this afternoon.

Otherwise a boring day which actually is quiet welcome after recent events.

Enjoy your day folks

• Like 4

Morning all, it is persisting down with rain here, so inside jobs being undertaken.  We have over the years accumulated loads of what I describe as rubbish and am trying to throw it out.  SWMBO is not so convinced, and keeps saying 'you cant throw that out, it might come in handy some day' despite not having even been seen for 20 years until after I got it out of the loft.  However, it is bin day today, and I have managed to deposit some items in the bin undetected.

• RMweb Gold

Morning.

Cloudy, drizzle, occasional showers. I won't need to water the neighbour's tomatoes and hanging baskets today.

I had lots of weird dreams last night and kept waking up. I thought I could catch up on the missed sleep after Aditi went to work but some kind person telephoned to tell me about changes in life insurance legislation.

I don't think I have been left any tasks today.

Tony

Evening all.

Making an attempt to catch up after the weekend, it was really nice to meet Stationmaster Mike and Dr Station Cat, who are both gregarious good company.  Donk was ready to leave with Dr Cat, I think there's something going on there, we will have to watch him.  He had a new shirt bought at the show, so he now has a Hawaiian holiday shirt - I'll see if I can get a shot reduced to post later.  I think he got it to impress Dr C, seemed to work.

We had a bit of a whistle stop tour around with Debs nephew who came over from Swansea, where he has settled after going to Uni there, and getting his MA in automotive design.  Nice lad who had a difficult childhood, due to usual family shenanigans, but put himself through Uni having earned every penny of it himself. 

Rain though.....did we get some of that this afternoon!  And folk have the cheek to say Fraggle Rock is wet, I don't know.  I would have used an exclamation mark there, but I'm an offender with those....and serial full stops indicating a pause for effect......like that.  Maybe a hyphen is more correct?  There's nothing correct about my use of the written or spoken English language anyway.  Ahm a Geordie ya knaa.

As this campsite at Wallington is very nice we have decided to stay another night and go into Oxford tomorrow.  Just had a very nice curry too, in a curry house that wasn't ashamed to call itself Bangladeshi.  Most 'Indian' restaurants are anyway but don't have the honesty to say so.

Us small furry types have to stick together :sungum:

It was really nice to meet the four of you, I hope you enjoy the rest of the trip - though it doesn't look like you'll have good weather today.

I was going to do some gardening but it looks like being a bit wet. Perhaps i'll finish my holiday diary instead then? :mail:

Belated congratulations and commiserations as appropriate.

• Like 11

Morning all,

Sorry to say that a minor family drama has occurred which involves my attention and so I'm going to leave the usual congratulations/commiserations and might get a chance to catch up in the not to distant future!

Hope nobody has major issues meanwhile,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Currently we have an inter-rainum but at least what is meant to be green has got a lot greener although that does include the weeds and other jungly plants - but all much too wet to tackle; oh dear, what a pity.

More showers forecast (sorry Ian H) so i might have to spend some time with my 'puter.  Looking on the bright side it was not only pasties for dinner last night but it's surplus pasties from yesterday's meal for lunch or dinner today, oh and there's still some left over quiche in the fridge.

Have a good day one & all.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 9

Good fecking morning. I'm on a fecking train to fecking swansea that's fecking late because some fecking feck was on the fecking tracks at fecking Reading. Thus begins week 9 of a fecking 7 week project. FECK. feckitty feckitty feck feck feck.

Have a fecking good day all.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good fecking morning. I'm on a fecking train to fecking swansea that's fecking late because some fecking feck was on the fecking tracks at fecking Reading. Thus begins week 9 of a fecking 7 week project. FECK. feckitty feckitty feck feck feck.

Allow me to recommend suitable medication. http://www.lookaroundireland.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/feckin_background800x600.jpg

Pete

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

From experience, no he wont. (although it may help the pain of being stuck)

However he will most likey want this:

http://feckinbrew.com/info.

Talking of train delays, the train i was sitting on yesterdya afternoon was delayed due to a train fault. I was quite happy as it was one of a few places in the quarry at Amberley that I could get a data signal whilst sitting in the dry, in a covered narrow gauge coach. A lister was having trouble at the other end of the line.

Even better though was that the vintage bus had broken down so there was a sign advising replacement rail service.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 6

Sorry Andrew, bit puzzled by your route.  There is a perfectly good service from Euston via Crewe.

Bill

Yeah, great. It's raining.

Went out at 10.30 to get a parcel from the collection office (GBL locos). Can't park there until 11.

Went to see d-i-l and take back a chair I'd borrowed. She was out.

Went to Homebase to get some new solar lights and things. Homebase has gone.

Went to other Homebase (see above) and the mouth-breather showed me wired porch lights and didn't seem to comprehend what solar garden lights are. Left.

Went to parcels office and collected parcel - long queue.

Went to Sainsbury's. Nowhere to park. Left.

Went back to d-i-l's. She's home, but the builders working next door have parked all their equipment across her drive and in all available parking spaces.

Went home because I needed the loo and a cup of tea.

Is this the Monday 13th I've heard so much about?

Fecking fecktards

Good luck with that mate.

• Like 2

On the plus side, your mood seems to have improved.

• Like 1

Greetings all. There is a leaden pall of cloud over Borough Market Junction at the moment. The rain is of that gentle persistent type that doesn't feel like much but ends up soaking you through.

We had a largely quiet weekend. Elder Lurker returned safe but tired from his week camping. We have slowly found out various bits and bobs, and as he had the opticians on Saturday morning, we now know he got a bit of sun damage and was dehydrated after the week. Both conditions reversible!

I don't know Rochester / Chatham too well, but could believe that there are steep hills - the Medway cuts through the North Downs in the area, and the M2 is up hill and down dale.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well England did in the first test. And I note my Aussie colleague is not on today.

Have a good day all

• Like 11

That was an entertaining weekend. The high spot was when a car - I imagine being driven far to fast - had it's exhaust waste gate open immediately outside the church with the usual bam-bam-bam sounds. Our 95 y.o, veteran of the Normandy campaign shouted 'cover' and dived onto the floor. Good to know that the training took properly, though it did distract the junior choir a little.

...The rain is of that gentle persistent type that doesn't feel like much but ends up soaking you through.

Quite apart from the water for the soft fruit and the rest of the garden, and the butt-refilling joyfulness, I have thereby got to try out the two old 'rough job' windcheaters I washed and reproofed last Thursday using a  Nikwax soap and water repellent twin pack given me as a promotional item. Well, not only does the fabric look as bright and clean as on the day of purchase twenty odd years ago, but the water also runs off in a way it singularly hasn't for the last half dozen years. Most satisfactory.

• Like 16

Afternoon all, about 10 pages to read since Friday, so needless to say I've not had chance.

Today is a distressing day.  This is the start of a 5 day working week.  Something I've been trying to avoid recently...  If I make it to Friday without sticking a project management tool somewhere where a vampire would be able to appreciate it, it'll be a good week.

• RMweb Gold

...  If I make it to Friday without sticking a project management tool somewhere where a vampire would be able to appreciate it, it'll be a good week.

Is stakeholder awareness still popular in Scotland?

• RMweb Premium

Went to Oxford, Mrs H shopped until I dropped.  Plus that rain someone mentioned earlier, light, drizzly but annoyingly humid type where you get as wet with a coat (sweat despite gore-tex) as without.  It peed it down good and proper last night though.

Bus service worked as advertised, cheap too. 

Dr Cat, Donk is sulking, I think he misses you.  He stayed in the van today whilst 'we' went shopping, although he probably had a party with Camping Ted.

There's a lack of trains in this holiday at the mo, so I think we're off to the Severn Valley tomorrow to try to see some, and find a campsite in the Bridgnorth area.

• Like 14