The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

Bill, that reminds me that one of the best places to have any major health "event" in south Northants / northwest Bucks would be at Silverstone circuit during any significant meeting. The circuit's medical facilities are fantastic and you can even get a chopper ride out if it's really serious and if you hold an FIA License.

Is it that the person 'enjoying' the casevac ride must hold an FAI licence, or is it a specific type of FAI licence?

I ask as an FAI licence holder.

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday I passed parked outside a Mercedes garage, a Red Arrows lorry tractor unit. Cab all painted light blue with The Words " Red Arrows "painted on the sides, and little painted aircraft.. Strange you would have thought a Lincoln City Dealership would have got the business..

• Like 12
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Barry O said:

Robert,  please send the heat here as it is cold, overcast and very damp here in the North West Leeds Highlands. 

P!ssedoffumpireofleeds

Some bits of Yorkshire around Settle are quite pleasant today.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Some bits of Yorkshire around Settle are quite pleasant today.

Still overcast in Leeds.

Cricket off ..too wet.

Crust earning instead!

Baz

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Is it that the person 'enjoying' the casevac ride must hold an FAI licence, or is it a specific type of FAI licence?

I ask as an FAI licence holder.

FIA super- licenses I believe, more mundane competition license holders and circuit staff requiring assistance not available in the Med-Centre or longer recuperation periods had to put up with a road trip along the A43 into Northampton or to Coventry, Oxford or Kettering. Events that required some competitors to hold the super-license meant that a helicopter had to be present. 

I had to give up that game after my Myocardial Infarction so it may have changed by now.

• Friendly/supportive 14

4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Just received this mornings mail. In it was a letter from the PPI people. I opened it up and the first line read "Your PPI claim has been re-assessed." I thought that if they want any back its tough luck because its been spent. But no, they have found that they owe me another £950! :dance_mini: :dance_mini:

Which PPI people did you use Phil?

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I tried to get into my E-mails and all I got was 400 Bad request. I contacted Virgin Media and it turns out their e-mail will be down for 48 hours. I've noticed a few flying ants inside the house over the last couple of days and I've just discovered where they are coming from, a corner of the patio door frame. They have now received a dose of ant powder which will hopefully dispose of them.

53 minutes ago, lightengine said:

Which PPI people did you use Phil?

I didn't use a PPI firm, I got onto the bank directly and found a claim form on their website. Completed the details and the information* that I had to hand and four weeks later I received the cheque. It was so easy that I would advise not going to one of the firms that claim to do it for you. Firstly I know someone who did before I started my claim three months ago and they are still waiting for an outcome and secondly they grab 25% of the payout. It might be that some banks are not so easy to deal with as my one (Citibank) but try the websites of those banks that you have used. *Basically the account number.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold

I went direct to my bank for PPI claims for both bank loans and credit cards and it was surprisingly easy and I was paid out very quickly. They did turn down a couple of claims and unfortunately I couldn't back them up with written evidence but I still ended up with a very nice 5 figure sum. :imsohappy:

Several hours spent in the shed today and I now have 3 boards ready for the O gauge stuff. 

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I went direct to my bank for PPI claims for both bank loans and credit cards and it was surprisingly easy and I was paid out very quickly. They did turn down a couple of claims and unfortunately I couldn't back them up with written evidence but I still ended up with a very nice 5 figure sum. :imsohappy:

A few hours spent in the shed today and the O gauge boards are now built. Next up track laying. I can already hear the swearing. :whistle:

In these humid times, neezbend, armzstretch, fa lah lah! Hope you don't suffer tomorrow.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Sympathise hugely with you both, you have tried your best for Scruffs but unfortunately events overtook you all and you must not feel that you have failed Scruffs in any way. Kerry is older and clearly needs your attention which I am sure she will reward and you guys need no more stress at the moment!

• Like 5
  • Agree 13
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Second eejits in a convertible.

"Can we set off some flares in the car please as we drop off?"

A firm negative answer was given by Junior NB.

Correct answer, as once one does it, then the next school proms will do so. (And they are a potential fire risk)

"We're going to do it anyway" was their arrogant response.

Cue me asking them not to do it.

Again the arrogant response.

My reply was to calmly walk into the hotel and pick up a fire extinguisher and stand in clear view of them.

"What;s that for?" they ask.

"To put out flares".

to put out flares and then you (guessing it's probably CO2 based!)

How the merry heck did we ever get infected with this ""prom"" culture? Looking at the comments earlier, it seems more like the culture found in deep ponds!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 4
  • Agree 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

I went direct to my bank for PPI claims for both bank loans and credit cards and it was surprisingly easy and I was paid out very quickly. They did turn down a couple of claims and unfortunately I couldn't them back up with written evidence but I still ended up with a very nice 5 figure sum. :imsohappy:

Best idea too. I also asked one of the companies that offered a PPI recovery service and they did identify the Citibank PPI but by then I had made the claim. Theres nothing to stop anyone using these companies to find if you have any PPI claims and then applying yourself.

• Like 14