The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,  inner Temple Hare, 

4.5 hours sleep whereupon I woke with a strange dream,  a headache and neck pain.  A wander down stairs and some pink pills led to another 1.5 hours of sleep until woken by a noise of impatient huffing and the  stare of Ben the Border Collie. 

We've been out on patrol,  clear sunny,  dry except for a heavy dew.  No sign of warmth yet.. 

Plans for today,  collect motor scooter,  assemble some steel shelves, which arrived for the tin shed yesterday.  Then get the hedge trimmer and garden shears out to attack a line of berberis purpura, that has been invaded by brambles.. 

But first..

Time for a Muggacoffee.. 

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Sunshine, blue sky and it's already very warm here and temperatures up to at least 30°C are promised.

Nobody has offered dynamite but I've found my sledge hammer. Whether I use it or not depends on how hot and bad tempered I get today.

Have a good one,

Paul Labiche.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Barry O said:

John,

While at Birmingham my other half was a timpanist..just try lugging two of them, cymbals, side drum  music stand, drumsticks and a triangle around. Glad she only plays wind instruments now!

Goodnight all!

Baz

And from The Bonzo Dog Doodah Band’s album Gorilla and track The Intro and The Outro, we have The Count Basie Orchestra on Triangle...

The Hertfordshire mist of 5:30 has been replaced by sun, or was that just a misty-eyed KZ at that time of the morning? Emergency grandkid sitting last evening almost got in the way of porky-prep but I just managed it before I turned into a pumpkin, and man, the shoulder looks good enough to eat and is falling off the bones.

Off to watch the madness that is our last village’s soapbox derby and hope all competitors get down the hill without any significant harm to them or the watching public and then another session of grandchild sitting overnight. Cricket and F1 quali catching up will have to wait but, as I picked up my case of The Guv’nor yesterday, I may treat myself to a glass of that later whilst watching same!

Be calm, be good and be careful all.

• Like 18

In sunny Teignmouth it;

Was warm yesterday.

Tis warm at present.

Woman passed the Outreach engineer working on the green cabinet on the street.  The engineer asked if she knew the time.

She replied "it's between 8 and 1."

• Funny 16

• RMweb Gold

Purr-fect responses from Il Dottore and Chris F in response to Mike's loss and condolences given.  Very impressed by the thought and practical memorial application to ensure that the local wildlife does not desiccate such a well loved cat.

Peter 

• Like 8
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

Purr-fect responses from Il Dottore and Chris F in response to Mike's loss and condolences given.  Very impressed by the thought and practical memorial application to ensure that the local wildlife does not desiccate such a well loved cat.

Peter 

We buried one of the pet rats after she had been to the vets to be euthanised. She had been very unwell. Her sister had been been caring, dragging her to the toilet spot in their cage and cleaning and feeding her. However we and the vet decided there was no hope. When we said we would like to bury her at home our vet said it had to be deep and with bricks or slabs. Apparently the amount of anaesthetic to put a rat down could have done for a fox. In big animals the medication can go into a vein and less is needed.  For small animals veins are too small and more is needed into the body. 

• Informative/Useful 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Doesn't feel too hot at the moment but I'm at the front of the house which faces almost due north and is therefore always cooler.

35 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Rather hot in the Woodenhead household last night.

Son #2 left the oven on for 4 hours at 200

Hope you give him the bill.:rtfm:

Got to go now and put the sheets out to dry, got to make the best of this hot weather.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s not quite as sunny as yesterday, but it is sunny. My first task this  morning was to clean off the blades of the ceiling fan in the bedroom, as we might need it later. Once I’ve finished muggertea No2 I’m off to do some dead heading in the back garden. After that I’m going to cut the last couple of bits for the under floor storage area. Hopefully after dinner I’ll get a bit of time in the workshop. 

Enjoy the day, back later 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, JohnDMJ said:

You state that Simba joined 6 others in the garden, do you keep a cat-alogue?

Hat, coat, etc.; anyone found the Groan button yet?

32 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

But this reminds me that there is a need for a cat-a-logue as I totally overlooked our pure black rescue cat who I named Wesley.  He had clearly had a very unfortunate early life and disliked male humans but took an occasionally unusual interest in female humans - he is buried under a now flourishing and very prickly mahonia in the front garden as befits his character.  So my unfortunate omission of Wesley in fact makes Simba the seventh cat to be interred in the garden; he arrived along with his brother Sammy (another cat of character with an impressive sense of humour and was definitely top cat until he had to take a regrettably final trip to the vets wherea week in their hospital unfortunately failed to restore him to everyday health.

Thus, he joined 6 other felines therein.

• Like 8
  • Agree 3

50 minutes ago, 81C said:

Pity I couldn't bury Her in the garden.:biggrin_mini2:

That's possible in Idaho. Of course she'd have to be deceased first.

Edited by AndyID
Doh
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 81C said:

Pity I couldn't bury Her in the garden.:biggrin_mini2:

I knew a policeman who did... Under the patio... Now detained at her majesties pleasure 

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Gold

"Ici Radio Londres diffusant de Sutton.  Avant de commencer, veuillez écouter un message personnel.  Le marteau n'a pas été déployé. Je répète,  le marteau n'a pas été déployé."

• Like 12
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

"Ici Radio Londres diffusant de Sutton.  Avant de commencer, veuillez écouter un message personnel.  Le marteau n'a pas été déployé. Je répète,  le marteau n'a pas été déployé."

Que? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 7