The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I think I will give up railway modelling muddling mangling and convert The Shed into a pub!

Now sing along with me, Joan Baez, Bob Dylan, Pete Seeger et al:

”We shall overcome”

Adding my voice to those will show that holding a tune isn’t a pre-requisite. :D :drink_mini:

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Domestic tasks done.

Shopping shopped. (Another dozen bottles of red added to the cellar)

Skip and sleepers for the garden have been delivered.

Shed visited.

GDB has c#cked it up (again) and the flap and final boards will have to be rebuilt. Not happy so am now making inroads into a bottle of red plonk.

I think I will give up railway modelling muddling mangling and convert The Shed into a pub!

.......dare it be suggested, there be fewer sharp edges and H&S risks in being a licensed victualler, than a DIY'er or Railway Muddler. :rolleyes:

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Debs. said:

.......dare it be suggested, there be fewer sharp edges and H&S risks in being a licensed victualler, than a DIY'er or Railway Muddler. :rolleyes:

One may suggest so however there is an added risk of broken glass as GDB works his way up from dish and glass washer to the exalted realms of a properly licensed victualler in my humble...  :mocking_mini:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Nelson Mandela:

Everything is impossible until it's done.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

5 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I think the multi CD players disappeared when cars started being equipped with  hard drive and one could copy about 10 cds to the disc. Mine can do that but it is easier just to plug an old iPod in. The car audio seems to understand iPods. If instead of an iPod you just want to use a usb stick the car has a Gracenote library so puts all the track names up. However Aditi and I just chat most of the time. 

There's not lot of room in my car so I use a "thumb-drive" (USB stick). I could also get my tunes off my foen through Bluetooth but I can't be bothered setting it up. I did have a Golf that had one of those CD players in the trunk (boot, if you must - mind you, does a hatchback really have a boot?) but I found it to be more trouble than it was worth. It came "free'" with the GTi - it wasn't listed as an installed option on the window sticker and I didn't realize it was there for some time.

The thumb-drive or foen options do have the advantage that if some evil little scroat (bring back the birch!) nicks your car they don't get your CDs too.

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

25 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

One may suggest so however there is an added risk of broken glass as GDB works his way up from dish and glass washer to the exalted realms of a properly licensed victualler in my humble...  :mocking_mini:

I never made it past "chief bottle washer".

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13

Evening, quite a busy sort of day, bit of muddling, a lot of the "G" word, a lot of consuming products from the garden, mostly sweet lol, spuds dug, sweetcorn eaten raw straight off the plant followed by raspberries and some rather tasty French strawberries. Had a go at videoing the layout, filmed and looked quite good on the camera, transferred to youtube and they look grim quality, posted them on my thread for now, but if I can get the hang of it, I'll replace them later. SWMBO is not much better, but at least her appetite has picked up a bit and her voice has come back, which I think is a good thing...…………………………...lol

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Debs. said:

No?

• Funny 12

46 minutes ago, Debs. said:

Bit worried by the signage, it looks like they think you pick up current through the roof, like a trolley bus.

I think it's meant for dodgems. Mind you, if we all ran about in dodgems we wouldn't need batteries at all. 

• Like 11
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Made a start on clearing out the storage box that sits on the patio. I'd been using it for storing things such as tiles and paint and other decorating materials. These are now going to be consigned to the garage with some other stuff from the garden shed. Things such as the mower and gardening tools will then be placed in the storage box. I did make a start this afternoon but gave up because of the heat.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Debs, our local Tesco's is also fitted out with the charging points. As my car is petrol I didn't have a good look at them but drivers of none electric cars don't seem to be parking in the bays very often. I was looking at getting a hybrid or an electric car and second hand ones are surprisingly cheap, until you get to the bit that says 'New batteries required.'

Edited by PhilJ W
Fat finger syndrome.
  • Like 8
  • Agree 7
  • Funny 1

2 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Have you seen the “When is a parked car not parked” thread?

Does it include the rules about yellow lines in Ireland?

One line: No Parking

Two lines: No Parking At All

Three lines: No Parking At All At All

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 16

10 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Debs, our local Tesco's is also fited out with the charging points. As my car is petrol I didn't have a good look at them but drivers of none electric cars don't seem to be parking in the bays very often. I was looking at getting a hybrid or an electric car and second hand ones are surprisingly cheap, until you get to the bit that says 'New batteries required.'

The new generation Korean (Hyundai and Kia) Electric and Plug-in hybrid new vehicles have very long warranties on both the car (5yr/7yr) and the battery (8yr), Phil.....that's what convinced me to jump ship and go with an E.V.:good_mini:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 12

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Debs. said:

The new generation Korean (Hyundai and Kia) Electric and Plug-in hybrid new vehicles have very long warranties on both the car (5yr/7yr) and the battery (8yr), Phil.....that's what convinced me to jump ship and go with an E.V.:good_mini:

My current car is a Hyundai. I purchased it new 11 years ago so perhaps its worth looking them over.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4