The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

For anyone that can withstand the F word.

Go to youtube and search "Samuel Jackson Stay home" And then go for the uncensored version.

It is a public service announcement.

I won't post the full link here as it was removed from another thread earlier......

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 10

36 minutes ago, polybear said:

Just announced that Boris has just been moved to ITU, but not requiring a ventilator.

No one with a shred of empathy would wish a serious case of this illness on anyone. I hope the Prime Minister recovers quickly.

I can imagine more widespread schadenfreude were the orange one be so afflicted, but truly would not wish that on him either. 

• Agree 18

14 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

As to her driving, yes she did learn in the war. However when No2 son was a Guardsman at Windsor the word used to go round when she was out and about behind the wheel and everyone tried to keep as far away as possible to stay safe.  

Once in Windsor outside the gate to the Royal Mile, she appeared driving of all things, an American Ford Station Wagon.  She managed the entry into the castle OK!

Brian.

• Like 15
  • Funny 1

50 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I can imagine more widespread schadenfreude were the orange one be so afflicted, but truly would not wish that on him either. 

Oh, I don't know!

Brian.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

Evening, pleasant day, very windy and cut our daily exercise bike ride, only did 4 miles, never saw a soul. Bit of the G word, tatties planted after chitting them, some fleurs seeds sown, sweet corn has germinated, something I often have trouble with, don't know why. SWMBO had a 4 way blether with some wifies, so I beat a retreat to The Old Summer House and played with a dead section of track, finally surmising the increased heat had caused the rails to expand and moved stuff about, a spare dropper attached sorted the problem(I have not connected all of them to the bus wire as it seemed to be an overkill on such a smallish layout). Locos were ran for an hour or so, need some more really then I can attempt running to a reduced timetable.

G'night all

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

The Sainsbury’s Grand Prix went as well as these things can under the present circumstances, there were still a lot of empty shelves, but not as many as a few weeks ago mind. I managed to get all that was on the list except for cleaning wipes and lasagne sheets!

After the shopping had been put away, I decamped to the dining room table with a muggertea and started to draw out the circuit board layout for turntable controls. Over the weekend I created drawings using a separate board for each relay of the 3 relays, each board measured approximately 1 1/2” x 2”, I intended to connect all 3 together using wire links. But last night it dawned on me that there were a lot of terminals included in these designs that were necpver going to be used, so a quick re-think and several pieces of paper later and I’ve ended up with with all 3 relays, hard wired on a single board measuring only 2 1/2” x 2 1/2”, and the best bit is I don’t have to buy anything else, as all the items required I already have in stock, I’m hoping to start building and testing it sometime this week. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Her Maj does have a driving licence but has never taken a driving test as testing was suspended during the war. Both Charles and Andrew have pilots licences but Charles has given his up after he pranged an aircraft, Andrew is also licenced to fly helicopters, I'll refrain from remarks about him and his chopper :D.

• Like 2
  • Funny 12