The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Maybe an underground swimming pool,  the house is just 19ft above sea-level... 

• Funny 19

15 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Local definitions..

is it

a bun

a barm

a bap

a cake

a tea cake

a bread roll

a cob

The long sandwich roll:

Is it:

• a submarine
  • a sub
  • a torpedo
  • a hoagie
  • a grinder
  • a hero
  • a po' boy (poor boy)
  • Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, 45156 said:

Funny that you should mention that album, Flavio - it's one that is near to the top and front of my CD cabinet, and is never all that far from my CD player, as it is also one of my favourite recordings.

The Nelson Riddle orchestra probably was the best backing of recording stars of his day.  In fact his 'sound' contributed to their success in no small manner.  The rhythmic intros followed by the soaring strings were compatible with everyone from Nat King Cole to Frank Sinatra and all those in between.  I still have my collection of LPs, which I am told have the best reproduction and after twenty or thirty years can only agree.:fan:

Brian.

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, roundhouse said:

Its amazing that it was 13 years go that we were standing on a corner in ..... Arizona. My T shirt from that visit, by coincidence that I put on today.

Interesting place AZ, and some if it is quite mountainous. Those who like a drive in the country on two or four wheels might enjoy this:

http://azkicker.com/?page_id=176

Lots of biker videos too.

I did it Southbound once all the way in a convertible with my brother. After a bit you realize you really are up the creek if you break down. I think we saw two other cars the whole way. There are (were) big signs at the ends warning you they don't plow it if it snows  :o

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

As for the language of slang or local words - let's not forget I'm a Geordie - it's easy for us to converse in 'English'and no-one to be able to understand us!

and we talk proper English.. at great speed. Her indoors always complains if I ring my mate from home .. will you slow down a bit...err nope..it means we talk in public but in private!

Of course the yackers have a different dictionary to the Geordies.. but we manage to get by!

Got me thinking.. I could murder a drop scone! or a ham, pease pudding and pickled red cabbage stottie.. proper food ! none of these namby pamby bread rolls... Saveloys, savoury ducks, picgs cheak, brawn... proper food...Tudor Crisps in various flavours.. Salty, Plain (with a blue bag of salt!), beef, cheese and onion, vinegar, lamb and mint, chicken. kipper (yes kipper!), baked bean and sausage and...hedgehog...

No wonder I as always overweight!

as for subs well a good 12" Seafood blimpy with extra seafood sauce please.. to go!

Baz

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Nelson Riddle.. a favourite of Ray Moore on BBC Radio 2 it was always his "going away" song

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, pH said:

That is probably a 'whoosh' to most people on here.

only if you are from somewhere other than the UK...

Baz

• Like 5
  • Agree 6

Just now, Barry O said:

only if you are from somewhere other than the UK...

Baz

OK, I thought it was more local than that.

• Like 4
  • Funny 5