The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

16 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Had it been a rebuild it would have qualified for a Q-plate and if an original it would have qualified for a heritage (or "ageless") plate.

Didn't they celebrate with a roast goose dinner and then the unattended fire consumed the frame?

• Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

There is something strange on my television; live professional golf in the form of a charity skins match to benefit the American Nurses Foundation / CDC Foundation from the Seminole Golf Course in Juno Beach, Florida.  No caddies. The players are carrying their own bags. Officials are handling the flagstick.

The PGA tour resumes in June I believe; without a gallery.

EDIT: Later in the broadcast we were subjected to a telephone interview with the nation's "golf fan in chief" which very quickly devolved into his usual talking points. The call was mercifully short. Interestingly his comments on professional golf were more articulate and accurate than anything else he said.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

19 hours ago, brianusa said:

I can safely say I've not heard of any of these, which just goes to show what a diverse bunch we are:D

Brian.

Maybe I should explain I'm really a Classic FM type,  Most pop music ended for me in about 1955 when rock 'n roll came on the scene, hence my affinity to adult popular music of today including musicals, movie themes, etc.

Brian.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Will your good lady accompany you with a tartan of her own?

She could wear the same or the Cornish Dress which has a grey rather than yellow base but prefers to not wear either.  She does have a couple of Royal Stewart tartan items which, in theory, may only be worn with the approval of the Sovereign but which these days is such a commonly-sold "generic" tartan that the "offence" of wearing it without Royal consent is overlooked at every level.  

• Like 17

13 hours ago, iL Dottore said:
19 hours ago, brianusa said:

I can safely say I've not heard of any of these, which just goes to show what a diverse bunch we are:D

Brian.

Brian, would I correct in (naughtily) assuming that you live in a part of the US where radio choice is limited to “shock-jocks”, “hellfire-and-damnation preachers”, rap and C&W? :D

Sorry, iL D, we live in that bastion of liberal tech, Washington State, west of the Cascades although the area does have its share of whom you write.:rolleyes:

Brian.

Edited by brianusa
  • Like 12

27 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

The PGA tour resumes in June I believe; without a gallery.

How well the passed weeks have been with no reference to sport of any kind

• Like 4
  • Agree 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

At 8:32am PDT (16:32 BST), 40 years ago on the morning of May 18, 1980, a magnitude 5.1 earthquake and landslide, triggered the explosive eruption of the Mt. Saint Helens stratovolcano about 100km from here (if the crow flew in a roughly NNE direction). 

From the antipodes, I remember watching television footage of the lahar flow down the Toutle River. Locals who lived here then have interesting stories of that time. The day was rainy (unsurprisingly) and people experienced gutters full of a rain and ash slurry falling from their houses. A former colleague who lived in Yakima, Washington (135km ENE of the volcano) under the heaviest part of the ashfall remembers the day being as dark as night and for years later the lawn mower blowing up clouds of volcanic ash.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Informative/Useful 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Evening all, a funny old day warmish windy at times and that's just me, the weathers been similar too, got a bit of the "G" word done, with warmer overnight temps I'm risking planting some stuff out from the greenhouse, I need the room in there, stuff is now growing. Managed an hour playing trains, a bit of muddling did take place as well, more wagons being weathered, but I need more stuff when I can get out to get it.

G'night all and take care

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

It's been raining quite a bit here in the Midwestern US. I was out with Lisl von Schlaf a bit ago and it started up again. Temps been running around 23°C give or take. But cloudy and rainy with spots of sun between showers.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 6