The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

To use a rather old fashioned expression i think it can be said that all three are rather comely examples of the female gender.

Naughty, naughty. :diablo_mini:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

11 hours ago,  The Stationmaster said: 

To use a rather old fashioned expression i think it can be said that all three are rather comely examples of the female gender.

3 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Naughty, naughty. :diablo_mini:

:spruceup:  :tender:

Polly

:D

• Like 3
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I assumed that the band all had swampy origins but I eventually learned they were all Californian. 

In a similar vein a lot of people assume The Eagles are all Californians, but their origins are actually from Detroit. In a slightly related vein, on their first American tour The Jesus & Mary Chain were booked into a bible belt venue in some backwater town on the assumption that they were a gospel group, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at that gig...!

Of late I've been rediscovering some old favourites from across the briny, mostly early stuff by The Grateful Dead, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Moby Grape, Jefferson Airplane, Love, The Doors and The Byrds etc, it really is refreshing to hear those evocative sounds again....

SF Monterey_International_Pop_Music_Festival_poster.jpg

SF wolfgangs-1967-736x1200.jpg

SF 30Wilson-SS-slide-A9V9-articleLarge.jpg

SF cb42acbb9.jpg

SF BG+74+OP-1.jpeg

SF OSkeleton_Roses.jpg

P da13b0e0a1e4.jpg

• Like 12
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Still a fair bit lot to do in the garden, removal of the grass revealed two or three ant-hills, a couple of them were used to fill a hole where a tree stump had been and the other will follow shortly. Also there was the remains of a slow worm that had been caught in the mower blades, that had gone this morning curtesy of Mr. fox who also left his calling card,

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

So that's the two daughters but where is mum? 

:girldevil:

I found this when looking for something else on Google.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp0rL5h4ikM

Thats it for now, be back later.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

8 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Very nicely done. I thought that it was a factory finish!

Actually, I think it’s quite a useful approach to take: to buy an inexpensive guitar that has a great neck and plays well and then upgrade the hardware. Thus ending up with a guitar of a much, much better quality than the sum of the cost of the parts would suggest.  With CNC and other computer-based or computer aided manufacturing processes, cheaply made guitars now are very, very playable (although at the cheap end of the market the electronics and hardware tend to be fairly poor, as is - sometimes - the finishing). Nonetheless, still much better than the cheap guitars available when I was a lad.
The house brand of Thomman, Harley Benton, gets rave reviews and there is a Harley Benton “PRS inspired“ guitar that I’m tempted to get as a “modding” project (although with cash flow being a bit of a problem at the moment it will be a toss up between buying the Harley Benton now, for instant gratification, or saving up my pennies for the HIWATT Little D rig)

I note your comment about the Epiphone Les Paul, currently the electric guitar I am reaching for the most is my Gibson Les Paul Gold Top (which is a second hand, recently produced, “70s tribute” model and not an original 50s gold top, alas). Mind you, the song I’m working on at the moment demands that PAF growl.

Thanks. A labor of love to be sure.

The 1960 Tribute has all of the Gibson hardware and electronics, but the body and neck of course are Chinese made. This is (or was, I don't see it in the catalog anymore) Epi's top of the line guitar several years ago. I've actually had two, but I didn't like it in blue so I sold it and bought another one in wine. I've had a lot of Gibsons in the past and I can't tell the difference in the two guitars.

Several years back I had a Turner Model 1LB, but traded it for a Gibson '57 VOS Custom in faded wine. 

I miss my Turner.

• Like 16