The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning, sun is shining and breakfast which is being cooked will be enjoyed outside.

Plans for the day = not a lot  just a bit of pottering about and time in the shed.

Enjoy your day as I will mine

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

The thermometer reached 26C this afternoon and the same is predicted for tomorrow.  If this is summer all I need is a sandy beach!!!  

Around the Hill of Strawberries the locals have been sunbathing in their finest bathing attire whilst their tiny humans run around enjoying the weather.  The slightly-older humans who can sensibly understand what is going on are face-masked and kept under a little more control.  

We are rapidly becoming an island of humanity in a sea of empty flats.  It is student moving-out time anyway, lurgy or not, since they would have finished their summer term and most exams by now.  This coming weekend would have been Spring Ball which marks the end of term and - for many - the end of their university days.  Not this year.  Most have had to pack bags and leave early for home not knowing what the future holds, what grade they might be "averaged" nor what their futures hold.  The few remaining are leaving us this weekend which will mean we are one of just three occupied flats at this end of the block and with six empties.  Voids in housing management speak.  When I learned housing management the void rate was never supposed to exceed 2% if we were to remain within budget.  If it ever got to 66.7% the Chief Housing Officer would have had apoplexy and the humble officers might have found themselves to be ex-officers.  That hasn't been my problem for many years now.  

Tonight I present number seven of the ten albums I selected.  I hinted yesterday (I think it was) that this band was on my favoured list and here they are.  Gems such as "I left my heart in Papworth General", "All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit" and the blatant Brian Cant rip off of "Trumpton Riots" and "Time Flies By" defined a creative and influential band who were favourites of mine and of the late John Peel who I have to thank for being introduced to them.   Welcome to Half Man, Half Biscuit.  

Top album! 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Like Chris I'm a Queen fan and I agree entirely. My other favourite artistes are Tina Turner and Meatloaf. I won't be doing any gardening today, its already to warm, I just have to make sure that the stuffed full garden waste bin is put out for collection in the morning.

46 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I also regularly have a bath - daily.

The question is, do you change the water as frequently as I do?

image.png.59898d28e43787685d71d6d8976d8998.png

But how often do you change the water?:jester:

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Today marks the 25th anniversary of SWMBO saying "I Do". What the hell was she thinking. It will of course be just the 4 of us today, including the cats. Not surprisingly we were married in a pub. The plan of course was for the ceremony to be in the garden but it snowed.

And they said it wouldn't last :D Congratulations!

• Like 7
  • Agree 10
  • Thanks 1

Greetings all from the fold in the hill which is getting increasingly warm as the day progresses. A day of frustration yesterday as the system which should contain the info I need to do the work my boss has requested did not have the information properly - and I could not retrieve it all properly. So i have now resorted tgo the inefficient process of requesting all the source data from teams around the world. 

All to check whether assumptions made by other people are reasonable - to which the answer will be "no they chose a really easy but completely in accurate route to predict their tax charge". I wil then be expected to make something up which will be no more accurate because the base level of detail has been skipped over.

Oh well, I can always spend more time here!

Today''s infuential album is the most recent on my list.

4."Temet" by Imarhan. This was the first album I acquired of desert rock, produced by Tamashek speaking Touregs from Mali/Algeria. Think of a fusion of blues and African rhythms all wrapped inthe wide open space of the desert. I heard a couple of tracks on the radio and was sufficiently intrigued to buy the album. I have then explored music by other groups from the same sort of tradition, in particular Tinariwen, who are probably the foremost progenitor of the genre. It's quite different to my normal musical consumption, hence it being influential on my listening taste.

I should add that this list is not my top 10 albums of all time although some on this list would appear on that. 

Have a good day all, and try not to melt in the sun!

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Like Chris I'm a Queen fan and I agree entirely. My other favourite artistes are Tina Turner and Meatloaf. I won't be doing any gardening today, its already to warm, I just have to make sure that the stuffed full garden waste bin is put out for collection in the morning.

But how often do you change the water?:jester:

I was being slightly ironic: Look at the colour and judge for yourself!

• Like 4
  • Funny 11