The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

... and "floor sander rental shop" is quite a bit shorter than both at 21 letters.

And normally in the UK it would say "floor sanders for hire",  even shorter. 

Mooring awl  Inner Temple Hare, 

6 hours sleep so far,  to be continued.. 

Left knee playing up,  first time I've used the landrover clutch in 10 weeks..  It by the way started instantly!! 

I'd like to see the solution to the camera problem, it's not to dissimilar to my problem, of getting Wi-Fi 150yards away round a treed corner. 

I just use a step ladder to work on our fanlight.

Plans for today,  start building more plant pot shelving,  when finished it will help hide the tatty garage, and  "unite" the view of sheds and garage.  Melting lead once more. 

Time for the snooze button. 

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Chris

Don't look at these emails saying "your bill is ready" or your tv licence hasn't renewed" they are after your passwords or bank details....its phishing

Baz

• Like 5
  • Agree 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Weird dreams again..pah!

I may have to "do a Cummings and visit my Sister and someone who is an ER.

As I am now in possession of my sander doors can be prepared and worked on. Frabjoy! But they need some paint.

Notice that I don't get ads on my tablet.  Is this too much of a good thing ?

Time for a muggatea.

Stay safe!

Positive thoughts to all ERs especially BoD (and his family).

Right, now to kickstart Wednesday..now where is my tea!!

Baz

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Lantavian said:

One of the few words I remember from German at school

die Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung

I could not remember it quite well enough at this time of day without more coffee. But it is memorable.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Chris

Don't look at these emails saying "your bill is ready" or your tv licence hasn't renewed" they are after your passwords or bank details....its phishing

Baz

I shall now throw a spanner in the works!

The emails I get from BT about viewing (and paying) bills on line are genuine.

• Like 8
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Happy Hippo said:

I shall now throw a spanner in the works!

The emails I get from BT about viewing (and paying) bills on line are genuine.

You must be one of the lucky ones then. I get one a week..all phishing. At the moment the worst ones are about tv licencing.

If I want to see my bt bill ( which should be quarterly I go direct to the website.. best to be aware that some scams are more hidden than others..

Baz

• Like 4
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning to all.  It's sunny again here and will stay that way according to the seaweed twirlers.  I have no idea what the day will bring. We are in a period of calm before the storm as the builder starts on Friday with the pool base then will move on to painting the exterior of the house before re tiling the main part of the roof. On the 10th a decorator is due to start painting thd main bedroom and the hallway. I think a couple of calm days are essential. I may even head for the shed.

Hope to hearcsome news from BoD and other missing ER's.

Regards to all and stay safe out there.

Jamie

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Barry O said:

You must be one of the lucky ones then. I get one a week..all phishing. At the moment the worst ones are about tv licencing.

If I want to see my bt bill ( which should be quarterly I go direct to the website.. best to be aware that some scams are more hidden than others..

Baz

I regularly get them allegedly from Amazon and Paypal  saying that my accounts have problems. Easy to spot though. Firstly they tend to come to my previous main email address. Thr other trick is to hover over the senders email address with the mouse, it soon shows the real sender.

Jamie

• Like 6
  • Agree 8
  • Informative/Useful 2

There was a day last week where a recorded message purporting to be the US Social Security Administration telling me that my "social security number was being suspended" ( ;) ! ) called me several times. The odd thing is that caller ID kept changing the number, one of which included the local electricity company.

I've had others telling me that dreadful things are happening to my iCloud account. (I own no Apple products*.) The telephone call threatening legal action was funny.  Perhaps that's a social distancing thing? Most of the legal proceedings I've every heard of usually come in writing - often served in person.

* That's not strictly true. There's a boxed iPod Nano somewhere that I never activated.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 17
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Chris

Baz

Earlier this year Mum had a call from her bank. She just put the phone down on them then went to the bank. Turned out it was a genuine call but they were fine with her actions and much better to do that than trust such calls. At her age its good that she has that way of dealing with calls.

Currently she has a loud beeping in the kitchen but it could be the boiler in the loft above. However unless I do a Cummings I cant go in to check if it is, so she may have to call out the boiler service people but that will cost her and will be a waste if its a smoke alarm battery issue.

I have her shopping to deliver this morning. Only just managed to fit the chilled stuff into the fridge. I am lucky that there was just enough room to fit the last few items into the shed fridge. Must remember to go and get them.

I am currently awaiting an order from one of our ER's workplace but as there is no rush o get the items I am not phoning . I am after paving slabs form one of our local builders merchants but you have to phone to pay and get a time slot to collect. There website doesn't allow online ordering unless you have a company account so I phoned last week but a long wait, got through eventually only to be immediately transferred and didn't get through to anyone. Bizzare and at present they haven't had a bigger order based on having got just a few to see what they are like quality wise.

My other half is watching a company video on new measure for socially distancing. only 4 in a lift at a time and wearing of masks given out in reception. Its a high rise building with circa  a 1,000 workers so that's going to be a long queue if the office ever gets full again. Luckily they have suggested that only certain people will be required in the office and she may well be working from home into the Winter. My last company is looking at reopening the office for everyone to return. They have moved to another location where they cant open windows and air con units extending  over partitions where some want it hot and other want it cool. Glad I am no longer there.

Must plant a few more seeds. The lettuce seeds planted last week are now 1" high plants.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Greetings all from Sidcup where it is sunny but there is some high cloud in the sky. Work continues apace. The "urgent" work I spent all last week getting frustrated by seems to have been accepted without demur by the powers that be. I suspect this means they know what I was working with....

We now know when Mrs Lurker will be working when the schools go back - but not when Younger Lurker will be attending. I just hope they have managed to remember to have him at the same time as her; it will make transportation and the like so much earlier.

Right, I had better go -0 a call with Czechia beckons!

• Like 18

Morning, a late night last night Bat watching again, today we have cooler cloudier sort of day, so once the neighbours are up I'll cut the grass, bin men are late today...…..odd.

Enjoy your day and keep safe and sane.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit to do today, I've decided to order the new shed so I have to clear the hard standing where its got to go. Shouldn't take too long but the hay fever is making itself felt already. Then there's the fodder run, queues hopefully will be as short as they have been recently. Surprisingly I finished Facebook quite early last night. I didn't realise how slow the old computer had become before it went belly up. The only problem with this 'new' computer is its very noisy. Thats it for now, be back later.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Even the word "shop" is redundant as it's a shop sign.

I was wondering why they need an entire shop devoted to floor sanding machine rentals.

• Like 4
  • Funny 12