The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I've been using the computer for most of the evening without any problems so far and no sign of it even getting warm. The computer shop guy said I wasn't to use a vacuum on it as it could cause other problems but he recommended raising the back of the computer to allow air to circulate which I've done. Very sorry to hear your sad news Neil, offering condolences never seems to be enough.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, brianusa said:

I have read that there will be a shortage of water this year with some reservoirs a bit low already.

Brian

I did use the hosepipe as the water butts are nearly empty. I’m sure I read somewhere that we’d had the wettest February on record, but may have dreamt it. 
Robert

• Like 13
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Thank you for the astute observation.

Out to you.

Hello Mick,

Remember it's a double H gate.

You can now think of me every time you change gear

HH:laugh_mini:

I'm quite used to "block changing" so doing a full HH will be a rare occurrence.

W will do for most of the roads I drive on.........

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

2 hours ago, AndyID said:

And this earlier one: https://hillcraftguidedwalking.com/2019/11/04/259-callater-stables-bothy-and-the-jocks-road-tragedy-of-1959/

Exposure can really creep up on you. I found out, well after the fact, that I had probably had exposure a couple of times, fortunately not in dangerous situations.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, tigerburnie said:

Looks very much like a brassica, broccoli or something similar

Thank you to all who gave some suggestions.

Having looked them up, I do believe it may be the broccoli.  It was the yellow flowers that did it since nextdoor's plants bolted and produced hundreds of them last year.  Quite a show!

I have a few coming up so looking forward to seeing how well they do.  Not what I was planning in this part of the garden, but since they are there, I might as well leave them!

_________

Polly

• Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

It ain't half hot and supposed to be even hotter tomorrow. Still, by Arizona standards it's just warm. No cloud cover at the moment so it should cool down quite quickly tonight.

I'm not sure what the collective noun for lawnmowers is but "cacophony" seems appropriate at the moment. People complain about too many rules but if they were more considerate a lot of them would  not be necessary.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

7 hours ago, AndyID said:

And even within a single country. The tree line on the White Mountains in New Hampshire is at 4500 feet. On the Grand Tetons in Wyoming, which are the same latitude, it's at 10,000 feet.

Well, yeah, but...

The US may be a single political country, but no way is it a single geographical country. And it's probably not valid to consider it as a singlarly cultural country, either. See this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nine_Nations_of_North_America

and a review of the situation by the author 30 years later:

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2014/07/03/where-do-borders-need-to-be-redrawn/nine-nations-of-north-america-30-years-later

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Morning all.

My day off and I'm awake at 5am.

I think the annoyance of Hattons' Class 66 has kept me awake from waking to change the little guy. I usually change, the wife usually feeds while I sleep.

So I think some therapy watering of the garden for the day will be in order. Oh, and fitting the rest of these lovelies:

IMG_20200529_163612.jpg.be4d4f8b3d6659e9c98cb0b5508c47d6.jpg

Coal in ma hoppers! 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

46 minutes ago, pH said:

Well, yeah, but...

The US may be a single political country, but no way is it a single geographical country. And it's probably not valid to consider it as a singlarly cultural country, either. See this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nine_Nations_of_North_America

and a review of the situation by the author 30 years later:

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2014/07/03/where-do-borders-need-to-be-redrawn/nine-nations-of-north-america-30-years-later

M: Yes, but I came here for an argument!!

A: OH! Oh! I'm sorry! This is abuse!

M: Oh! Oh I see!

A: Aha! No, you want room 12A, next door.

• Like 1
  • Funny 13

14 minutes ago, AndyID said:

M: Yes, but I came here for an argument!!

A: OH! Oh! I'm sorry! This is abuse!

M: Oh! Oh I see!

A: Aha! No, you want room 12A, next door.

OK, I'm confused now!

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 9