The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is raining, and quite breezy here. 
When we first moved to this part of Essex, Fords were the most popular car. So many people worked at Fords or Ford related businesses. It was only awful after sales service by a local dealer that sent us off into the world of Renault  and Vauxhall. The Volvo was a gift not a purchase but it was awful enough to decline another used Volvo from Aditi’s Dad. That was when we bought the Clio.

Aditi’s Fiesta has been fine and no problems with the local service place. It is next door to Ford’s research and development facility so I suppose it helps!

Tony

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, TheQ said:

I think Intu owned about 15 Shopping Centres mostly the big ones.. 

More like 14 and a half - the Broad Marsh Centre in Nottingham has been closed for more than 12 months, partially demolished and under redevelopment. However all work stopped a couple of months ago - not virus related but because it was already obvious that they were rapidly running out of cash. Local TV news reported last night that Nottingham City Council actually own the land and so a rather complex legal situation to sort out. I always thought it strange that Intu bought the Broad Marsh when they already had the Victoria Centre which in my opinion as a very occasional shopper was a better place to visit.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 14

Morning, no sign of rain here, but then due to the thick sea harr, not much sign of anything, including the neighbours house over the road, I could see the pesky rabbit in the back garden though, maybe a bit of target practising this morning then. Take care and enjoy the weekend all.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Woke up earlier this morning to the sound of heavy rain but its stopped, for now. There's a bit more to come according to the weathermen but should be dry tomorrow. Douglas, there is a way of stopping birds flying into windows, I think I posted it here on ER's a few few months ago. It consists of painting a series of very thin vertical lines on the inside of the glass 4-6 inches apart.  You can use something that can easily be removed but the lines can easily be replaced after window cleaning. If you don't want anything on the glass vertical blinds can also be effective. Most birds will not fly through what they see as a vertical gap unless it exceeds their wingspan somewhat. Now off to run a bath, be back later.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 10

18 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Nearly forgot, had a quick look at the papers this morning, it looks as if the WAG* wars are hotting up. *Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy FYI.

Who?

• Like 2
  • Agree 16

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

Given the current stress levels, I may consider my work venue in a new light!

Do you have a few quiet days of stocktaking to look forward to?

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Two over made up nobodies who latched onto the High salaries of those who chase fake pigs bladders. 

Ah! those who contribute to 22 overpaid actors chasing  pig's bladder around a bit of grass!

It's just not cricket!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 6
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 5