The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

Back from the blood test clinic. Different arrangements from last time. They did have “maximum of three people in waiting room, only enter 5 minutes before appointment” previously. This appeared to be too complicated.  It is now “wait outside until called”. Hopefully the heart clinic will be pleased on Tuesday. 
I quite like the bits of train modelling input on ERs as it is often described as how it fitted into someone’s day. My railway modelling is so sporadic it wouldn’t really be worth mentioning anywhere else!

Tony

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Polly, Does this help or are the changes in the wrong places?

I have a feeling, certainly, since I came on here, that sneaking in talk of m*d*l tr**ns [Help! I can't reduce the font size!], and the like, into one's post is but a game in which many try to hide [Help! I can't strikethrough to correct!] discuss their plot with change of font size (currently missing in the Editor); strike through (currently missing); and other devices,

SM

How did you do that?

I have been robbed.  Robbed I say.

Only a few functions on my browser, today:  Bold Italic Underline Link Quote Smiley Bulleted list Numbered list and Preview.  Anything else that was/should be on the bar has disappeared.

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, southern42 said:

SM

How did you do that?

I have been robbed.  Robbed I say.

Only a few functions on my browser, today:  Bold Italic Underline Link Quote Smiley Bulleted list Numbered list and Preview.  Anything else that was/should be on the bar has disappeared.

Has someone turned off your little light switch symbol (not that I can remember where the darned thing is - someone is bound to know).  this is what I have on my RMweb posting area -

Untitled.jpg.3eafcd3b9f99544b17f459809ef49764.jpg

I altered yours by copying it and then editing the copy using the relevant things from the above symbols

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 14
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The replacement Wheelbarrow hasn't arrived yet but its tracked and its on its way. According to DHL I'm number 49 on the delivery and the driver is on his way to number 47, twenty minutes ago it was number 44 so it shouldn't be long now. If there is a fault with this one hopefully if its a different faulty component I can build a good wheelbarrow out of the two. Stop Press, It's arrived, now to unpack the box, be back later.

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, laurenceb said:

This from the bloke who put his dog in the oven! (Cant remember why!):jester:

Er? Puzzled of Sutton here.  Have you got the right person? I never have and never would put a dog in an oven. Haven't had one since my beloved Boxer Charlie had to be put to sleep when I was 15.  Never wanted to go through that again so have never had another dog much as I love them.....or am I missing the joke?

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Well the good news is there is just 12 new cases of covid in Norfolk today,  and the main Norfolk and Norwich hospital has NO covid customers. 

The bad news is I've seen many furriners cars around, some parked up in field entrances, I think they are expecting to sneak to holiday caravans as darkness arrives.. 

I suspect the N&N hospital will get increasing numbers shortly. 

Decorative wheelbarrows are common, as round here are ancient dinghies.  I was just looking at the price of a new mast, about  £1000, or a new boom £300, yet you can buy a knackered dinghy of the right type,  with both for £200. If one came up locally I'd buy it for spares and the old hull would become a planter.. 

Only Insurance companies and those with too much money / are devoted to buying the latest version ,  buy new.. 

• Like 17

2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

this is what I have on my RMweb posting area

I miss the subscript  / superscript option that used to be available. I'm not sure why that was removed, while font size modification was still permitted.

I note a recent fix where emojis now render correctly in replies. This did not work for a very long time.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Laurence, I apologise for doubting you.  Serious memory lapse on my part.  I also lied as it appears I did put a (fluffy) dog in the oven.  I am mortified and hang my head in shame and offer my immediate resignation from SODOFF! 

IMG_1453-1.jpg

As Hon. Treasurer of SODOFF I have to inform you that you are not entitled to a refund of subscriptions. Indeed you might be liable for a severance charge. That will be calculated on what is to be severed.:butcher:

• Like 1
  • Funny 17

2 hours ago, TheQ said:

Well the good news is there is just 12 new cases of covid in Norfolk today, 

In Oregon yesterday we set a record of 363 new cases, surpassing the prior record of 278 cases on June 16. These are nothing compared to Florida where in one day there were more new cases (>10,000) than Oregon's cumulative cases (9,300).

Mask wearing is now mandatory (instead of highly recommended) in public, interior spaces, or public, exterior spaces where distances cannot be maintained. On the first day of mandatory mask wearing four uniformed Oregon State Troopers walked into a coffee shop uncovered.

One allegedly said:

“Governor Brown has no authority to take our civil liberties. We aren’t going to wear masks,”

“F--- Kate Brown"

Such is the sad state of politicization of everything in this country. It is the grotesque triumph of "truthiness"* over reason.

With the holiday tomorrow, there is a great deal of dread regarding cases next week.

* A word coined in 2005 by a late night political satirist to describe the "what feels right in the gut, must be right irrespective of fact" emotion that was being leveraged politically at the time. (It was already in the OED as a derivative of "truthy" though largely obsolete.)

EDIT:

CNN is leading with this graph on their website:

1470567252_covid19200703.PNG.1f87739cf098711d8511ce035fde1c99.PNG

It's a seven-day rolling average of CoViD-19 diagnoses to date. It is approaching 50,000 per day and the accompanying story is about the impact of reopening too soon.

The most recent inflection point is the Memorial Day weekend at the end of May.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
Added CNN graphic
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12

33 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Decorative wheelbarrows are common, as round here are ancient dinghies. 

19 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

My old wheelbarrow had rusted solid, it didn't owe anything being almost 50 years old.

There are artists who carve old sheet metal (barrows, shovels, etc) into filigree shapes with plasma cutters. A new hobby perhaps?

Google "plasma cut wheelbarrow". It's a thing.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

6 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

The way it works is if you press any of the buttons again it switches off. It just toggles every time it gets a pulse of power.

Ah! I thought it was just a simple latching relay circuit but it's actually a divide by two counter. Good idea.

Does it use some electronic bits or are there two relays?

• Like 14