The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

As just got up, well had Breakfast with ''Billy the/our Parrot'' first obviously.

when I click on, View new content it always or seems to visit the first page in a topic & I have to then click to last page & scroll down.

Is this always the case ?

thought I may go straight to the latest added comment & one can then easily scroll up.

Anyway first look in this topic as usually get up early but as work 12 hour nights on & off live in the other world to everyday modellers.

If its a weather page got up as the its bright sunshine at junction 28, M1 land,

Peter

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

In conversation with Aussie Mate in Victoria he tells me that their Premier is losing popularity faster than a broken sieve loses water.  Managing local upticks in infection is one thing but given the tiny number of cases (by global standards) they are dealing with the reaction to sending armed police into residential blocks of flats to force residents to stay inside is being seen as a very serious over-reaction. 

Ask your mate to send him over here.  Sounds like just the sort of guy we need....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 17

20 minutes ago, Peter Eaton said:

As just got up, well had Breakfast with ''Billy the/our Parrot'' first obviously.

when I click on, View new content it always or seems to visit the first page in a topic & I have to then click to last page & scroll down.

thought I may go straight to the latest added comment & one can then easily scroll up.

Click on the comments (bubble) count number to the far right in the topic heading at it will take you to the most recent comment.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 7

Good Morning!

Ventured to the local metropolis yesterday and seem to have survived. Only pub open - 'spoons with no crowd control on the door. I observed, from the other side of the road, that the second Superdrug outlet next door was still operating a managed queuing system, as was Sainsbury's. Despite the somewhat crowded High Street, I seem to remain unscathed with a current temperature safely below 37C!

4 hours ago, Peter Eaton said:

Beside the topic heading on the 'View New Content' page is either a star or a black circle. (Black star if you have commented on said post. Grey star if your comment was the last post made)

Hover your mouse cursor over this and see that it suggests 'Go to first unread post'. I usually right click on this and open the post in a new tab.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, BR60103 said:

We went looking for a new dishwasher today; the current one is no longer doing a perfect job. The shop didn't have any available (one labelled Sold) and don't provide installation.

One positive to come out of the lockdown is that our manual dishwasher didn't disappear off to university for 12 weeks. Luxury!

7 hours ago, JohnDMJ said:

Only pub open - 'spoons with no crowd control on the door.

Well what do you expect. I feel very sorry for Tim Martin's employees; their final state may be worse than before lockdown. If many of them have found employment with Tesco as he suggested, I hope they are sticking with that and not returning to work for him.

Edited by Compound2632
typo: off to replacing off the
  • Like 5
  • Agree 12
  • Funny 2

True!

5 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Well what do you expect. I feel very sorry for Tim Martin's employees; their final state may be worse than before lockdown. If many of them have found employment with Tesco as he suggested, I hope they are sticking with that and not returning to work for him.

Did I hear or read that at least three major brewers will no longer supply him?

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Just back from the artillery barrage that was unincorporated Clark County, Washington.

While there had been sporadic bursts through the early evening, zero hour was about 21:15 (sunset was at 21:03) so it was still a bright twilight when the firing began. The intense barrage continued until at least 22:30 when the rockets' red* glare at last diminished.

* and green, blue, white and yellow with occasional purple.

People in this area go all out. Across the main road in incorporated Vancouver, rockets/mortars are not permitted. Nor are they permitted in most of the Portland metro area. Some of the neighbours were equipped with fireworks that would not go amiss in a professional display. The air felt cool and heavy and even with a breeze, the cordite smoke was thick through the duration. I expect my clothes will stink in the morning. Most people cleaned up afterwards, but I had to navigate the car around one set of mortars on my way out of the neighbourhood.

Masked and distanced, it was nice to see my sons and their families. Hopefully this was not foolish. Suitable precautions were taken.

Time for bed.

At least you can now go round looking for rocket stick aka modelling supplies. The local dog walkers in Gildersome  used to bring me any that they found.

Jamie

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Morning all,  still pretty windy here, although a lot less than during the night.  A walk has been walked, and it was pretty fresh out.  Some gardening may get don this afternoon if the rain holds off and I can generate the necessary enthusiasm!

Yesterday I was seriously annoyed when an Ebay order for some hair clippers was cancelled by the seller, over three days after I had placed the order.  Apparently it was relisted in error.  Later I had two ebay messages from the seller complaining that I had left negative feedback, and asking me to change it to positive feedback!  Some hope!  I have yet to reply.  Mrs G has offered to try to give my hair a trim instead with scissors, rather than clippers.  I am OK with this, but the result could be interesting!

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. The wind seems to have dropped a bit and its bright and sunny so I've got no excuse for not getting on with assembling the wheelbarrow. Not that I've got much else to do today. My hair needs cutting badly, I don't normally have it cut in the winter and was about to get it cut when lockdown started so its getting rather long now. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 19