The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All, Late on parade finding my round the new environs. I'm sure it is entirely coincidental that when I uploaded my avatar the new forum crashed and burned! <_<

Cheers

Dave

Evening DD. Glad to see you found your way in. The paint's still wet and smells a bit, but the decorator has assured us all will be fine once we become acclimatised to our new home.

Spent the afternoon finding my way round and wouldn't you know it, some beggar has nicked my parking place...cool.gif

• RMweb Premium

The Jalfrezi gets my vote laugh.gif

That's what I did choose in the end :D . And good it was, too. Only the weather was s**tty. Yeah, we weren't eating outside, but still ;) .

Think I'll be heading to bed soon. See ya 'round!

Why have I woken up at this time? :blink:

Got a guilty conscience?

My first view and post on this incarnation of the forum.

We seem to have lost some smileys!

How is it on your eyes Gordon?

Bubelani duly came to lunch yesterday, with his Mother and cousin.

He had grown rapidly since last I saw him 18 months ago.

I meant to take a photo, but in the hurry and scurry of serving I forgot. :(

Happy Monday all.

Notwithsatanding my understanding that Summer had arrived, it poured overnight.

The transfer had lost 30 years of my age. It didn't make me feel any younger so I corrected it.

Mine had gained about three years! It seems everybody defaulted to 1 Jan 1970 - famous for being the start of the Unix Epoch.

Weather sure is miserable outside - so glad I can be indoors! Nothing new to report as of yet, though.

Couldn't agree more. It has started raining again, and still hasn't got light.

They were forecasting temperatures below zero for the end of the week a bit further South. Maybe the winter tyres weren't such a bad decision after all!

• RMweb Premium

They were forecasting temperatures below zero for the end of the week a bit further South. Maybe the winter tyres weren't such a bad decision after all!

This reminds me I also have to get them fitted ASAP.

Just read that a suburban train derailed in Hamburg yesterday. Nobody was hurt, fortunately.

Morning all

Saw my brother off from Heathrow. Use up is airmiles to get bumped to Business, what a difference it makes well with Korean anyway.. Trouble is we won't see the family for another year now as they are not coming for Christmas :(

I always find airports make me feel like ditching everything and going off into the sunset! Anyway took the Heathrow express, kindly paid for by said brother, ??30 for 30mins of train travel! and on board the video says 'next time why not travel 1st class' What for 15mins!! I think not..

Anyway just getting light and a clear sky and can see the moon.. nippy though, maybe I need to get a weather station for outside..

Have a good day everyone.

t.

Morning guys....BT have me back on a 135Kbps line, but they are doing their best to sort it. After the engineer was here last week it was at 4098Kbps, so everything is taking a lifetime to function. Bit like me I 'spose.

Enjoyed Saturday on South Pimlico and great to meet a few familiar faces.icon_thumbsup2.gif

Anyway took the Heathrow express, kindly paid for by said brother, ??30 for 30mins of train travel! and on board the video says 'next time why not travel 1st class' What for 15mins!! I think not..

Agree about the Heathrow Express - ridiculously expensive. Last time I flew into Heathrow we enquired how must it would cost and ditched the idea immediately. Admittedly it takes a bit longer, but the Piccadilly Line is quite a nice ride too, and certainly costs a lot less.

• RMweb Premium

Agree about the Heathrow Express - ridiculously expensive. Last time I flew into Heathrow we enquired how must it would cost and ditched the idea immediately. Admittedly it takes a bit longer, but the Piccadilly Line is quite a nice ride too, and certainly costs a lot less.

Same thing in Vienna. You have the choice of either riding the S-Bahn into the city for 3.60 ?‚¬ or the City Airport Train (CAT) for a whopping 10 ?‚¬ . The CAT needs about 16 minutes to Wien Mitte-Landstra??e Station, whereas the S-Bahn needs 24.

Morning All!

Light outside now but was still dark and with an autuminal chill in the air when I cycled in to the office!

I'm glad to see a lot of us have found the new home!

Ah well, Monday again, I hope everyone has had a good weekend... and only 4 and a half days until Friday! rolleyes.gif