The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

24 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Each time I get to the home page of RMWeb, the first thing I see is DJM The end...………… But when I look at the thread, it's not the end as it just keeps rolling along.

I will miss that thread Richard if it ever closes.  I have no connection with it apart from reading it. However when his announcement was made and people got no email replies only silence, I feared the worst. I do feel for people who have lost money.

Since that May announcement that thread has gone in ever increasing circles. 

Some feeling for him, some wanting his blood.

Some defending him, some ripping into his work ethic.

If I ever did need a 2nd hand car ......

• Like 10
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, lightengine said:

I will miss that thread Richard if it ever closes. 

It won’t close but may go into voluntary receivership.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Thank you for keeping us informed.

Congratulations to you both Sandy and John for the last 6/12 plus and the daily progression updates.  The diary and the pictures show how things have improved.  

Alongside the treatment I have also found your reaction and comments on the students to be very interesting - some of it mirrors aspects and of the days when FE students could get £30 provided that they had signed 'certificates' from the lecturers, as some thought just for 'turning up'.    I was not the most popular in refusing to sign but never changed the decision so they knew that more had to be done rather than just turning up ... my pass rates were, thankfully, quite high.  In terms of practical assessment external assessors were also told that they were expected to fail any who were not up to standard, 100% pass rate, just for the sake of it looking 'good', was unacceptable.

• Like 16
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

Plenty of rain here today,

Typical day at GDB Towers means I got side-tracked. Despite intending to play with  use new power tool I decided to do other things in the shed. This involved erecting some more shelves and then employing a Mk 1 cross cut hand saw to cut down the legs of the boards previously intended for O Gauge. They are now  OO board legs so there is some progress, albeit slow. 

IMG_20190619_171908376.jpg

Have now fed and watered beered and wined and all is well here in cloudy Sutton.

Just to confirm, they are the baseboard legs you are cutting??!! ;)

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Funny 17

Evening...……………...talking of Magic Roundabout

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=magic+roundabout+song+jasper+carrot&view=detail&mid=7DD373F4B694BCA5681D7DD373F4B694BCA5681D&FORM=VIRE

Had our last day in Perth looking after youngest Grandson, he starts school after the summer holidays, going to be quiet now, though we will have the "pleasure" of him and his big brother during holiday times.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

lummy..it has started to warm up here! Good but now the club rooms are very warm and muggy so an early return home was enacted.

Tomorrow sees and afternoon match . Friday involves a trip to moresasons then off to watch England play Sri Lanka at the real home of Cricket..Headingley!

More house prep required for the soiree. 

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, grandadbob said:

....... employing a Mk 1 cross cut hand saw to cut down the legs of the boards previously intended for O Gauge. They are now  OO board legs so there is some progress, albeit slow. 

Bob, I never realised that different scales needed different baseboard heights - is it related to the gauge?

'Night everyone

Dave

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Once I’d made the cake and the curry sauce I decided to chance it and I put my wetsuit out on the line to dry, as the sun was out and the sky was blue, with the odd dark looking cloud dotted around. However, just before I started to cook the chicken to go in the curry sauce, I erred on the side the of caution and brought the wetsuit in, just in case as there were a lot dark clouds looming. But as it happened, I needn’t have bothered as it didn’t rain and I could have left it out for another couple of hours, but no hum. 

Ava, Evie and Max all enjoyed their tea and there wasn’t a bit left. I only made a small carrot cake, just enough for tonight’s tea and so didn’t expect there to be any to be left and I wasn’t disappointed. Max has recently taken up boxing, for some reason known only to himself he was in a mood today. He was in a right strop when we said he couldn’t change into his boxing clothes until AFTER he’d eaten his tea. He became quite rude and sulky, he got to within an inch or so of being put on the naughty step. But oddly enough, a few minutes later he was back to his normal self and you wouldn’t have known he’d been so belligerent. Ian picked him and Evie up just before 6:00 and took him to his boxing lesson. Ian and Evie were going to wait for Max in the reception area. Ava however, didn’t want to go and so stayed with us until Vickie got home, I then dropped Ava off at home. Then once again, peace reigned supreme at BSW towers.

Goodnight all 

• Like 17
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Long may it continue.

Indeed, Sandy and John will long be a source of inspiration.

I'll add my own observation with the hope for swift progress to full remission, which would eliminate the need for further chemotherapy treatment.

• Agree 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Weird weather around here today. Our son and family were going into the BC Interior for a work/holiday trip. They texted us a photo from the summit of the first pass they were crossing, at 4100 feet, of fresh snow on the ground. The TV weather forecast has just issued a warning of snow showers on the Trans-Canada highway further east.

Then the wind started to get up here. It's quite unusual for us to get strong wind around our house - we're in a corner under a hill, and the weather comes from that direction. In the middle of the afternoon, our neighbours' 8 by 8 sun shelter appeared in our front yard, having made it over a 6 foot fence. 

The odd thunderstorm forecast for overnight.

• Friendly/supportive 18