The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Hope everyone is in fine form on this sunny day in the North West Leeds Highlands. 

Off early to cricket this morning (9:30 am start).

On my return I need to help with the preparations for our soiree tonight. About 40 people are attending so we have mountains of food to prepare.

Have a great day everyone. 

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

The shine is sunning  and a dry, fine and warm day is promised.

Didn't get into the shed for any board building yesterday as I decided to cut the grass. Only 2 postage stamp pieces of "lawn" but by the time I'd done that and a bit of weeding and  tidying up my knee was done for the day. New artificial lawn etc is scheduled for about 3 weeks time. Can't wait!

Today we need to pop to Sainsbury's for one or two bits and pieces and when we return hopefully I can get into the shed and carry on. 

Tomorrow we're heading South to visit one of my oldest friends  (and ex-school and workmate). I am still in touch with a few old schoolmates and go to annual reunions.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Ooops. Thanks for the reminder Dave.  Forgot about the Happy Baziversary. Did you buy rubies?

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and the sky is blue, now that muggertea No2 has been consumed I’m going to have a look at our TV aerial. Whenever we try to record a program when it’s raining the recording is absolutely sh!te, a bit like trying to watch and listen to Norman Collier! I suspect that water is getting into the joint box, so I’ll open it up and see what, if anything can be done. Once I’ve sorted that out, a bit of gardening will be next as there are quite a few roses that need dead heading. 

Back later

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is pleasantly warm here in South Essex. I have been to the chemist to collect the next few months medication. I have packed for our trip to Italy but I am going to remove a few items and replace them with other. The forecast is for weather warmer than it is here at the moment. 

Hope everyone’s day goes well. 

Tony

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all and z bit late on ostadd due to various tasks and a trip to the danglies of st John.  Money is going to be spent to provide an en suite for us. 

Happy Anniversary Baz.

Good luck Bill and keep in touch.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoonawl,

Yesterday’s tasks were generally completed without too many distractions but, as we ambled down towards SWMBO’s table tennis club social gathering, she detected a broken filling in her gob mouth. A quick call to the dentist and an appointment was made for remedials this morning so we have just completed an unexpected 110 mile round trip although our dentist did the work at no cost as this was a filling he had done previously.

Plans today include a stroll to D&SiL as his elder sister is visiting. I’m unsure of how long we will stay there but I have a nice piece of yellowfin tuna to griddle and place on a salad - in the manner of Tom Kerridge but without the panache. When I told SWMBO what I had planned, the response was: “I don’t like tuna, I never have.” My next question was probably a bit stupid in that I asked when she had ever tried it and was most peremptorily unformed that she had never tried it! Looks like she will be having an omelette then whilst I sear the tuna as I like it  - yum!

In other news from KZland, CowboysRUs still pratting around raising dust and decibels, the former of which the warm breeze is distributing over KZ’s recently washed wheels. A small parcel is expected from the emporium of large ladies but it is not related to my railway modelling efforts. I have decided that, in the light of the recent incidence of dubious driving practices I have witnessed, a dash cam with rear recording may be a wise investment. I hope of course it will not be necessary to use the recorded footage but better to have the evidence should I be unlucky.

May whatever you elect to do today be completed with joy, satisfaction and without stress or aggregating existing or latent conditions. Congrats to Mr&Mrs Baz for tomorrow, I shall raise a libation to you at an appropriate time. Now to catch up in some people dressed in pyjamas playing with an improper cricket ball then to see how prancing horses fare against silver arrows and red bovines. See you later :D

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, rockershovel said:

Prom? What, by the seaside? Or at the Albert Hall? 

Meanwhile, early one midsummers day in N Lincs..

4A8660AF-72D2-45E7-80A5-E49F356B0011.jpeg.4343369b771a5263115c20d41ed0ace9.jpeg

Yep, very boring. I never was one for dancing or any similar pastime. Never attended a promenade concert either but have enjoyed many through the medium of wireless broadcasts. As for seaside ones, I should be doing such on the nearest Channel Island in around ten days.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all

Today I'm  packing stock again I have managed to do a lot more today I started at 6:30 am 7 hrs. at it, as the number of empty boxes falls the is less searching.

The Loco's haven't been touched yet there is 6 crates to fill for them and 4 for wagons to go I should be on top of it tomorrow then I start pulling up track

I'm going from code 100 to 75 with the new layout which will be half the size I'll try and salvage some, the FY was brand new track a few years ago and

sell it on for charity or something and/or keep some for the new FY. Better get on enjoy your day.:superman: Notso Pissedoff

Edited by 81C
page going potty
  • Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon. Match umpired this morning.  A bit one sided but played In a good spirit.

Thanks for the best wishes for tomorrow.  A line is in order.

Buy Rubies? Yes she had one last Saturday a dansak:jester:

We bought a rug in India. Rubies may have been cheaper but by flying itself transport costs were nil. ( it is a camel hair/sil rug with lots of colours in it.)

Now back to my task list.

F Razzled of the North West Leeds Highlands 

• Like 15
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Back home, feeling a bit sore as the anaesthetic wears off.  Methinks listen to the cricket in bed.

I'll find myself a light duty at Lord's tomorrow.

Bill

I now get a list of things one can not legally do for whatever hours after anaesthetic and other not advisable things. I like this because I usually “think “ I am fine. 

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

3 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

The Obergrumpenfuhrer's away, so a Hippo can play.

Guns or trains? I can't make up my mind which.

The only thing I do know is that they don't mix well together.

Running target?:jester:

• Like 5
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

It ain't arf 'ot mum.  Bloomin' weather, at this rate the garden will dry out before the thunderstorm arrives but at least the busy bees lout on the lavender are happier than ever and the G word has been hotted off (as in too hot to do any G wording).

Enjoy the rest of t your day folks

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Well I never - not only has the Good Doctor travelled on the sea she has now posted some pics on Farcebook of her swimming around underneath the surface of it with one of those scuba outfits.   Very colourful undersea whatevers in that part of the world.  I hope she didn't use her 'phone to take the pics:o.

• Like 16
  • Funny 3

Argh, the town is full of bell totin' morris.  The town is like Kings Cross station concourse on a busy summer Saturday when the line has suddenly closed. Folk music weekend has happened.  Can't move for persons lacking spatial awareness.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13