The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, newbryford said:

I should hope that HM has a UK passport...................

She probably doesn't, who would ask to see one.. Similarly I believe she doesn't have a driving licence.. 

• Like 12
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Mooring awl inner Temple Hare, 

A better nights sleep of 6 hours plus 1.

I see my sister will be getting a new boss,  as "Caroline " ( Calderwood) has resigned. 

Ben the sleeping collie hasn't prompted me for out yet,  I suspect we tired him out yesterday,  he kept checking on SWMBO in the art muddle railway shed and me at the garage 100yards apart. Then of course the long walk was in somewhat warmer temperatures than lately. 

Plans for today, 

An hours work, 

Some work on the keel. 

Muddling... 

I need to move the remains of the Ivy thrown off the roof,  there's quite a big pile.  But that will depend on the weather.. 

Time. To.. Wake up Ben  I'm getting hungry and he will want out first.. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Thisvis forvthe same reason that she alone cannot commit a crime and the car that she's travelling in doesn't need a registration number.  As head of state all such things are issued in her name so she doesn't  need them.  As a quid pro quo visiting heads of state get the same privileges but not their families. 

That's useful to know....if I ever lose my licence I'll just buy a car and not register it :)

• Funny 18

• RMweb Premium

Does anyone know what day it is today?  I think it's Thursday...

And is it me, or is TV gradually improving now that all the usual crap is slowly disappearing due to C-19.

Can't wait for a re-run of Bear in the Big Blue House.  And Fraggle Rock

• Like 4
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2

9 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Australian aboriginals were often bemused by british explorers and settlers starving to death in what to them was a vast supermarket of food.

lIt  has  always amazed me that they were able to develop ways to pre-treat the poisonous roots and so on  and render them edible -  for instance the Cunjevoi which is like a kind of lily has stems which if eaten cause swelling of the throat and mouth - often fatal. The aborigines would pound and roast them which would remove the toxins.

The  Burawang fern has huge fruits which are also poisonous. They were soaked for  up to three weeks in running water, which would render them safe.

How did they work all this out and how many other unsuccessful methods did they first have to try? 

Personally, if I was them and was  following your 'test it on the oldies" method  i'd have given them away as a hopeless case after about the 4th old person had fallen off the twig.

I'll just take Les Hiddins with me then I won't starve.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It isn’t sunny here this morning. 
Aditi amended our shopping order which is due tomorrow, not a drastic alteration, just added a pizza.

Not a lot happening otherwise. 
Tony

• Like 14

Finished this yesterday.

IMG_20200404_155401.jpg.616eabd7ee4afe983baeadc4459cb42d.jpg

Completely messy but reused some scrap bits and as it's just wagons, didn't want to pay out for the top storage inserts, which also would have limited me on space.

Had my busiest day of the past 2 weeks today - served 3 people!

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Here I am HH and no ill effects and I stirred a spoonful into my porridge this morning. Another bit of good news, I've found my paint stash. I woke up about three this morning and I instantly recalled were I had put them. I went immediately to where they were to check and they were there. Only slight problem theres a few boxes stacked on top that will have to be moved. The papers have just arrived and are full of pics of the idiots sunbathing rather than exercising. I wonder how many of those do not have a garden where they could sunbathe? If I wanted to sunbathe I would do so in my back garden. In fact at the moment the only house that overlooks my back garden is empty and I could sunbathe nude if I so wished :scared:. No evidence of rain here this morning but the pollen level is way down so it probably has rained. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13