Wigan Model Railway Exhibition 2010

Andy Y

There is only one week available in mid June, at the tail end of the exhibition season that may be suitable.

Therfore our 2011 exhibition will be in its usual spot, the weekend of the 10th & 11th December, leaving us with time to discuss with all our contributers a possible move in 2012.

Eaton.

A possible June(2012) date sounds good to me.

I couldn't have made the revised date had it been this year as

I'm booked for the Chatham Show...so it's worked out quite well.

Looking forward to next year.

Mac.

• RMweb Premium

A good decision. We at Wakefield have fixed our dates now through to 2015 and intend to stick with the last full weekend in november apart from the two years (2012 and 2013) when that clashes with Warley. I can appreciate the difficulty of the desicion and hope that everything works out.

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Therfore our 2011 exhibition will be in its usual spot, the weekend of the 10th & 11th December, leaving us with time to discuss with all our contributers a possible move in 2012.

This might be a rather big clue ;)

Any thoughts on a June 2012 date or are you sticking with a December date?

At the moment we are still in discussion with layout owners, traders and sponsors but the thinking is that in 2012 we will move. However there is a lot going on during the summer of 2012, but our preferred date of the weekend 16th & 17th June will miss the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations from 2nd to 5th and also Railex on the last weekend in May. It will also be before the London Olympics which commence on 27th July. We will of course keep everyone posted as arrangements become definite, knowing as we do the unreliable nature of the model railway grapevine.

For us not to exchange one risk for another we need to be three weeks away from any other major exhibition and also the major holiday months of July and August. There is only one week available in mid June, at the tail end of the exhibition season that may be suitable,

This mid June weekend may not be as suitable as you think. The Perth exhibition (arguably the second most important show on the Scottish exhibition calendar, after Glasgow) takes place on the last weekend in June, and so may affect the decision of your large contingent of Scottish modellers to travel long distances on the previous weekend.

Donald

This mid June weekend may not be as suitable as you think. The Perth exhibition (arguably the second most important show on the Scottish exhibition calendar, after Glasgow) takes place on the last weekend in June, and so may affect the decision of your large contingent of Scottish modellers to travel long distances on the previous weekend.

Donald

Don't think so, we with Alloa would welcome a change to June especially after our tribulations last December. we still feel we have let Wigan down somewhat in having to pull out at such short notice. I know we were kindly invited back this December (!) but we may prefer to delay until June following if this is certain. Perth is beautifullly central for us all up here with reasonable journey times from just about anywhere in Scotland, so as far as visiting the show as "customers" this gives us no problem at all. We ourselves were at Perth last year and so would not expect to be back there any time near the Wigan event. Not all Scottish layouts go to Perth every year!

At the moment we are still in discussion with layout owners, traders and sponsors but the thinking is that in 2012 we will move. However there is a lot going on during the summer of 2012, but our preferred date of the weekend 16th & 17th June will miss the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations from 2nd to 5th and also Railex on the last weekend in May. It will also be before the London Olympics which commence on 27th July. We will of course keep everyone posted as arrangements become definite, knowing as we do the unreliable nature of the model railway grapevine.

That will clash with the 30th Anniversary of the Falklands War, however, although it will mean I will be unable to attend I wish you every success with any decisions you make. I look forward to this years exhibition.

• 3 weeks later...

We are now in a position to confirm our exhibition dates for the next two years. The 2011 Exhibition will be in its customary place of the second weekend in December, Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th.

Our 2012 Exhibition is definitely moving and becoming a summer show on the third weekend in June, Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th. We have had much discussion with our venue, our hotel, The Wigan Oak, our sponsors and some of our friends in the trade and all feedback has been pleasently positive.

Our Exhibition Manager is now reorganising our layout bookings as we are now effectively organising two exhibitions simulataneously.

We will be updating our website www.wiganfrm.org.uk as the contributors to the exhibitions are confirmed.

We are now in a position to confirm our exhibition dates for the next two years. The 2011 Exhibition will be in its customary place of the second weekend in December, Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th.

Our 2012 Exhibition is definitely moving and becoming a summer show on the third weekend in June, Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th. We have had much discussion with our venue, our hotel, The Wigan Oak, our sponsors and some of our friends in the trade and all feedback has been pleasently positive.

Our Exhibition Manager is now reorganising our layout bookings as we are now effectively organising two exhibitions simulataneously.

We will be updating our website www.wiganfrm.org.uk as the contributors to the exhibitions are confirmed.

Will the new date clash with the Chatham show, location wise you are miles apart but it may mean traders who do both shows may have to choose which show they go to, although in my opinion Chatham lost its finescale element a few years back

David

Will the new date clash with the Chatham show, location wise you are miles apart but it may mean traders who do both shows may have to choose which show they go to, although in my opinion Chatham lost its finescale element a few years back

David

Chatham, we think and if our information is correct is usually the second weekend in June and therefore the week before us.

Chatham, we think and if our information is correct is usually the second weekend in June and therefore the week before us.

Eaton.

I'm going to the Chatham Show and its the weekend of the 11th/12th June...so your new date shouldn't upset to many traders...and if it does; that's their problem.

I don't go to Shows to trawl around traders: I go to see the layouts that interest me.

Hopefully you'll get a good cross section for 2012 or I'll be going somewhere else.(Chatham?)

Had a look at your website and saw the flyer for the new dates. Good job:well done.

Mac.

Struth, I got all hot and bothered then, I have some booked Austin Seven events during the Summer,

some celibrating the 90th anniversary of the birth of the A7, with which I'm involved in.

Wigan should slot in OK, but it was close - providing I'm not broken down in Spain or Scotland or somewhere else.....

• 2 months later...

Archived