Improving Peco Code 75

TEAMYAKIMA,

I like what you've done with your points/turnouts (depending on where you live). Removing the switch blade hinge looks a bit scary. I think I would just try to disguise it by painting.

I like the longer timbers at the switch end. I think I'll give that a go.

I wonder if the continuous timbering goes too far beyond the crossing before you've started to interlace the sleepers.

However, the overall appearance is a huge improvement.

Bob

First of all I live in Hertfordshire. As regards filing down the switch blade hinge ... YES that is VERY scary and it would be very EASY to destroy the point at that stage .... as regards the interlaced sleepers YES you may be right on that but the points are laid now and I am not going to risk lifting them .... I will look at some prototype photos to see what they're like ... I'm modelling Chinese HO not British so not sure until I look.

I wonder if the continuous timbering goes too far beyond the crossing before you've started to interlace the sleepers. I think I would have started interlacing 1 or maybe 2 timbers earlier.

RBAGE ... I think you're right ... In think from memory that the actual interlacing close to the crossing was quite difficult and that's why I did it the way I did .... here is a prototype photo

post-4476-0-17582600-1437760331_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Bravo Andy . Splendid improvement. The only improvement I have made “ on some of my points” so far is to remove the spring. But. If I did replace the sleepers would it stop the bow that occurs in Peco point? Because that alone would make the job worth doing.

Happy New Year. Kevin

Archived