Bachmann Class 150 Basic conversion

Pete Harvey

Well It is finally ready,

This is not Full conversion but a Basic one giving you all of the components that difficult to scratch build.

In the kit are the window and door fillers, the cab front cameras and window frames.

The window frames have been designed to be fitted after the main model has been painted, this is so that they match the existing Bachmann window frames style.

post-6665-040796400 1286883477_thumb.jpg

post-6665-081243200 1286883472_thumb.jpg

post-6665-034440100 1286883480_thumb.jpg

post-6665-095743100 1286883482_thumb.jpg

For more information on this kit please take a look at my web site.

Also for those interested Mr George Dent of Model Rail magazine is converting a 150 this can be followed on his blog and will be in the 150th edition of Model Rail magazine due out on November 4th.

Pete

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That looks very nice indeed. That conversion kit will I feel spawn quite a few of these distinctive units. A welcome development in multiple unit modelling. Any chance of an etch to produce a 150/0 or 150/1 end for those who might like to convert a Bratchell unit (to either a 150/0 or 154 or in conjunction with this kit to the Track Recorder Unit)?

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

A quick plug for Pete.

I managed to lose an etch of two small grilles - it pinged off my workbench never to be found after over half an hour on my hands and knees. A quick call to Peter yesterday and a replacement etch arrived today.

Cheers,

Mick

• 3 years later...

I understand that this kit was produced to create a Departmental Class 950 set using the original Bachmann 150/1 units.  Since then, I am aware that Bachmann retooled the chassis block on these models to make the motor less intrusive but I assume that the body shell was unchanged during this upgrade.  As such, I'm looking for confirmation that this kit is still suitable for converting one of the current Class 150/1 release models?  Also, are there any benefits in using the newer Bachmann model over the previous release, or do the plated over window panels on this unit help to diguise the previous motor?

Edited by Dungrange

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
9 hours ago, rorz101uk said:

Has anyone done a step by step in how to produce this model?

It was covered in one of the modelling magazines a few years ago - I think it might have been Model Rail.  I have the article somewhere, although I've still to tackle my conversion.