Deesdale Road, (Now owned by Peter BB)

Andrew P

Andy thanks for inviting me down to help you operate 'Deesdale Road' at Ruddington (sat 13th), it was very enjoyable, and the layout performed wonderfully, with a nice collection of wagons and 'sound' locos, with two gaugemaster DCC controllers made it even better with two operations at a time, Thanks again.......

Andy thanks for inviting me down to help you operate 'Deesdale Road' at Ruddington (sat 13th), it was very enjoyable, and the layout performed wonderfully, with a nice collection of wagons and 'sound' locos, with two gaugemaster DCC controllers made it even better with two operations at a time, Thanks again.......

Cheers George, Glad you came down and also that you enjoyed running the layout. I thought you only came down for the FOOD!!!!! :laugh: :P :yahoo: Looking forward to you helping at Model Rail Live in September. Thanks again mate. Andy.

Whats the future for deesdale now then mate, any more shows booked, look forward to coming for a chat at modal rail live laugh.gif

Neil

Hi Neil, Yes, Lichfield on 10th Sep, Model Rail 17/18, and then Ilkeston next Feb 26th. Glen Roy at Kirkby in Ashfield 8 / 9th Oct this year. Hopefully Marston will be out on Nov 25 / 26th at our clubs open weekend in Gresley near Swadlincote and then on the circuit for next year. If you see me come and have a play on the layouts, its always good to get someone else to do some work whilst I have a cup of tea :laugh: , and that goes for anyone else out there who sees me at a show. Just had a great weekend at Ruddington, a nice relaxing show and a ride behind a Class 25 down to Loughborough and back made me think, I must get some noise sorted for Marston! I will post some pic's when I have got more time. Andy.

Hi all, some more pic's from the Ruddington Show of Simon R's Class 20 and Peter from our club with his Class 66022 and 37698 both with sound, all waiting for the details to be added to the fronts also my Class 150 and some Seacows. And finally one for Neil!!!!!!!!! :sungum:

post-9335-0-98136800-1314032135_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-10263500-1314032159_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-54491200-1314032185_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-22877900-1314032387_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-73782000-1314032411_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-48583300-1314032589_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-64850200-1314032730_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Andrew, I have no idea why I have only just caught up with this thread. What a lovely layout! I like the way we can see how your mind works as it gets extended........

The guitar on the luthier's wall advert looks familiar:

post-9016-0-85812300-1314087621.jpg

That's "Hank" one of my Chapins.

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

Andrew, I have no idea why I have only just caught up with this thread. What a lovely layout! I like the way we can see how your mind works as it gets extended........

The guitar on the luthier's wall advert looks familiar:

post-9016-0-85812300-1314087621.jpg

That's "Hank" one of my Chapins.

Best, Pete.

YEA NOT HALF, I had a Hank Marvin Fender Squire when they first came out and I was lead guitar in Stratagy (playing Strats and a bit agey! )with my mate George ( GEORGE T ) I would have loved a real Marvin replica with the Gold hardware. Thanks for the nice comments on the layout too. Andy.

Two thing's in life l enjoy most, Model Railway's and electric guitar's, you don't need anything else, Andy the layout just get's better every time l see it, certainly make's a big difference with SOUND, really bring's it to life, looking forward to seeing Marsden come to life the way that you do it............

Really like this layout!!

Great close up pictures, what type of camera did you use and is the layout going to venture down south?

Steve.

Hi Steve, my camera is a Fuji S5700, 7.5 Mega Pixels, for close up shots at home I use the Apature Setting at 3.5 BUT this dose not always work at shows, it all depends on the room lighting. As for going south, well I used to live just north of Portsmouth and it would be good to do a show down that way but would mean an overnight stay as I now have hip problems and could not make the drive of about 150 miles to a show, stand behind the layout all day and then drive another 150 or so miles back home again. I could probably do Oxford area and back but thats about it these days, (the joys of getting old and riding Moto Cross when I was young and silly). all the best Andy.

Will we see a (sound) Bullied on a special working to Deesdale ??

Never say never, as you know I have had Bullieds and sold them, :stinker: and had more Bullieds and SOLD THEM :nono: and had EVEN MORE BULLIEDS AND SOLD THEM :no: . Who knows what may lie in store. but first Simon (SIMON R) is getting stock ready for Lichfield on the 10th of September and then it is Model Rail Live on the 17 / 18th, so hopefully some more good stock for then.

will come over and have a chat at model rail live mate, be good to see yourself and deesdale again, must remember to take pics this time

Yea Neil come and have a play if you want, I take it your with Cav? Looking forward to it, I went as a visitor lastyear and really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Hi Andrew, yeah will definatly come over and have a chat and a little play, im not with Cav for this weekend, im sure some of my stock will show up on Outon Road, ill pop some over to you to for a little run on Deesdale if thats ok, im purly there for a day trip out with my dad, he has a soft spot for the signal box that came from pinxton, he was based in that box so has a few stories hahaha, gonna try and get some good photos this year too

• 2 weeks later...