MINEHEAD, WEST SOMERSET - THE EXMOOR COAST RAILWAY MODELLERS

exmoordave

Hi Everyone
Just to anounce the formation of a new group in Minehead, to be called - EXMOOR COAST RAILWAY MODELLERS. After past experience at one club in particular, this will be a small group which will build (at least initially) only one layout in 4mm scale. It will deliberately be kept as a small group - 6 maximum. By working together on one layout, we will maintain greater harmony & friendship, avoid division and different interests. There will be no automatic membership, but if someone is interested they will asked to attend on a trial period (3 months) and at the end of the period, if we feel they would fit in well, they will be invited to join. The person will then have the right to accept or decline. Personality is so important within a small group and having had enough of internal politics, we aim to maintain harmony, humour and friendship within people who have a common interest.

Anyway, many thanks for your indulgence and keep your eyes peeled for an anouncement shortly for our first exhibition!!
All the best to everyone
exmoordave biggrin.gif

• 10 months later...

Hi again everyone

This is just to announce that due to the success of our recent Exhibition and previous Train & Toy Fair, we have space for just two new members. We are a small & informal group, so to maintain harmony & friendship, membership is by invitation after a mutually happy & successful trial period. So if anyone lives in West Somerset & they would like to pop along for a chat & a cup of tea, please PM me for further info.

Thank you for your time & best to all

exmoordave

• 3 years later...

It's been a while since my last posting, so I thought an update might be in order.

We now meet on a Tuesday evening at Minehead Methodist Hall from 7.30 to 10.00pm. As stated above our policy is that membership by invitation, after a trial period. This is nothing to do with snobbery, but we wish to maintain an informal and friendly atmosphere - just one person who is not on the same wavelength as the rest of us can spoil the entire atmosphere I'm afraid. We don't have a Chairman, Secretary etc, each person helps out in any way they can - and it works very well. There has never been a cross word or raised voice since we started - and how many groups can say that??

We organise two events a year and our next one is Exmoor Rail in The Minehead Eye, Minehead (adjacent to the station) on Saturday 1st August. 

Hope to see some of you there

Best to all

exmoordave

• 4 months later...

Just like to announce that we now have new premises in Minehead. Also, we now meet on Wednesday evenings from 7.30pm. Our storage area is now warm, clean and dry, which is very welcome!

As stated above, we are an informal group and we model together as a group of friends - nothing formal, no meetings, no committees - all are equal. I know that many people do not like to join a "club", perhaps because they find them somewhat intimidating for example. However, we find that being a small group helps to remove friction and improves social relationships. If you feel this may be something that could interest you, please contact me in the first instance for more information.

Best to all

exmoordave

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Just an update on our group for those interested.

We now meet on a Wednesday evening at: Sainsbury Hall, Sainsbury Road, Minehead from 7.30 to 10.00pm. We work as a team and are making good progress on our 00 finescale layout which is around 27' in length. The wiring is nearly finished and the scenics are being worked on from the other end. It's a double track terminus layout and is now coming together quite nicely, thanks to our small group of guys showing good team spirit.

Best to all

exmoordave

P.S. See some of you at our upcoming show, Exmoor Rail, on Saturday 4th August.

• 5 months later...

Archived