Warren Lane

bugs bunny

That's an interesting tripod arrangement from Tim there! Surprised he's not whipped his 20' pole out yet! ;)

Good old Manfrotto 055XProB for you!  The selling point for me was the centre column being able to go horizontal :)

As for the pole, well..... ;)  Only works outside!

It will be good to see it in Rail Express, will that be the Dec issue...?

Yes.  Should be out shortly before Warley.  I'm slightly biased in looking forward to seeing how the pics appear in print, having stared at them for a good few days while processing them!

hey Tim

I'm sure it will look as it does in real life, its a superb layout, when is the Warley weekend... I'd love to see it again and its great you have made it to The Warley show, that tells you what level the layout is at....

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Warren Lane is in tomorrow's Rail Express Modeller (my copy arrived a day early) with lots of other useful container terminal articles. Best WL article yet!.... although I may be slightly biased...

Final WL show at Warley at the end of this month, last chance people!

Sad to see Warren Lane finishing up on the exhibition circuit as it truly is an inspirational layout.

What magazines have carried articles on Warren Lane apart from Model Rail June 2011 and Rail Express Modeller December 2015?

Also, would anyone know which magazines carried articles on Nick Gurnsey's Holland Park layout, which was the inspiration for Warren Lane?

Warren Lane has appeared in 

Model Rail June 2011

post-9211-0-19175700-1448300197_thumb.jpg

Picture by Chris Nevard

Great BritishModel railways No1

post-9211-0-92271800-1448299104_thumb.jpg

Picture by Chris Nevard

Modell &Forebild by Jocke Sannagagard

A swedish Intermodal book

post-9211-0-56946600-1448299159_thumb.jpg

post-9211-0-23786200-1448299198_thumb.jpg

Pictures by Chris Nevard

BRM October 2014

post-9211-0-08495900-1448299121_thumb.jpg

pictures by Andy York

2014 Hornby Calender May

post-9211-0-54168700-1448299210_thumb.jpg

Picture by Andy York

Eurospoor Express Winter 2014

post-9211-0-91324900-1448299226_thumb.jpg

Picture Chris Nevard again

Train Miniature issue July 2015

post-9211-0-57683600-1448299133_thumb.jpg

post-9211-0-38157400-1448299146_thumb.jpg

And in this months Rail Express 

Nick Gurney's Holland Park did appear in Rail Express, but i'm not sure of  the Issue no.

Nick gave us a P&O container from Holland Park that has been on Warren lane from the beginning...

Right folks, a quick heads up; following Warley some of the unwanted Warren Lane locos and rolling stock will be up for sale on ebay on behalf of the new owner (no reserve, free postage). Only stock being sold by the ebay user 'andreamrssatan' and marked in the item description as 'Warren Lane Stock' is stock from the layout. Anyone else claiming to be selling Warren Lane stock is being a cheeky ######, so be aware!

This thread isn't the place to say what's available and advertise, it's against forum rules so don't ask. PMs to myself or Mrs SG with requests will also be ignored!

See you all at Warley....

Sad to see Warren Lane finishing up on the exhibition circuit as it truly is an inspirational layout.

What magazines have carried articles on Warren Lane apart from Model Rail June 2011 and Rail Express Modeller December 2015?

Also, would anyone know which magazines carried articles on Nick Gurnsey's Holland Park layout, which was the inspiration for Warren Lane?

The rail express magazine was number 145 and the rail express modeller that came with it was no 50 which has Nick gurneys Holland Park in it

Well had a very enjoyable day on Warren Lane today it's a great layout and was a privalge to have one last operating session

Good to see you again rubber ducky! Of course even though it was the last show, I didn't take any pictures, but there was a couple of nice new weathered freights rattling along the mainlines today ;) The OCAs looked superb, I may have a few more wagon projects to send your way....

Was lovely to see the layout on its final outing over the weekend. Thanks for letting me have a go Sunday, much appreciated (as was the time having a good natter :)). Sad to see it go as it has been an inspirational one and was very deserving of its award at the show.

Look forward to seeing your next developments for the future :)

Well that's it for Warren Lane

Me and Maggie have done our last Show with it.

Warley  was a nice show to finish on, and winning a Trophy made it a bit special.

Thank You to everyone who helped operate over the weekend.

post-9211-0-55530500-1449076421_thumb.jpg

Warren Lane  has been delivered to the new owner in darkest Norfolk.

I have seen the plans  he has for it (very impressive) and when complete It will give the layout a new lease of life.

Our plans are for another Warren Lane one day, when we have room to house it...

But for now We would just like to Thank everyone who helped make Warren Lane Special.

Warley  was a nice show to finish on, and winning a Trophy made it a bit special.

attachicon.gifll 010.jpg

Warren Lane  has been delivered to the new owner in darkest Norfolk.

I have seen the plans  he has for it (very impressive) and when complete It will give the layout a new lease of life.

But for now We would just like to Thank everyone who helped make Warren Lane Special.

It's been a pleasure, and thank you for having me and Mrs SG along for the ride :) On wards and upwards, we have a lot of work to do by the end of the year!

Really enjoyed the Rail Express article.

Have seen Warren Lane a few times at exhibitions over the past couple of years.  I never tired of it -  really brilliant, especially in it's final BR format. 

Looking forward to following your new project, and also best wishes to the new owners of WL.

Warley was a nice show to finish on, and winning a Trophy made it a bit special.

ll 010.jpg

Warren Lane has been delivered to the new owner in darkest Norfolk.

I have seen the plans he has for it (very impressive) and when complete It will give the layout a new lease of life.

Well done Alan and mags on winning the trophy well deserved myself and dad really enjoyed operating Warren Lane and it was a real pleasure to be part of a great layout

Archived