bugs bunny

You got to stop teasing us with this and give up more pictures! :-P

Can't wait to see more of this!

Hi I haven't got a nice track plan.....I will do one soon

but this pic is the other end of Warren Lane that leads into fiddle yard

Regards Alan

post-9929-096897600 1287590886_thumb.jpg

This is Warren Lane being set up for its debut at the Mid Essex Show last month

It is missing some of the static trucks and containers but it does give a good idea of the size (18' x 2'6") and layout

post-9211-023776400 1287612429_thumb.jpg

This is the Boss. Maggie (co Owner) and the best shunter driver :)

post-9211-073460100 1287613088_thumb.jpg

To answer peoples questions about the OHLE

It is all scratch built by Mick Lawrence.

He spent hours soldering old code 100 rail and brass wire together on a jig ...............he describes the process as therapeutic :huh:

If I can persuade him, I will get him to start another thread to desribe this Therapy :blink:

The section house

post-9929-096066900 1287665598_thumb.jpg

The junction from under the bridge

post-9929-048519200 1287665736_thumb.jpg

4R97 Felixstow to Tilbury

post-9929-078356300 1287665706_thumb.jpg

Coxs Container Sevices

post-9929-010063800 1287666122_thumb.jpg

pocket wagons

post-9929-044718800 1287666012_thumb.jpg

I love this layout!!! :D

It looks great and its one of those layouts that I would enjoy operating too..

Thanks for sharing it.. I might have already said that but as the photos keep coming it makes me think about doing another layout once Ive finished my current one...

Hi great layout there. The shots with sunlight on them look fab.B)

I presume the model crane picks up and drops using magnets?

Alex

Again many thanks for all the comments.

I had the day off today and the sun was shining in Essex so I got the junction board out for some more pics

The Big crane is a Heljan and yes it uses magnets. If you have a close look you may just see which containers have been converted with metal inserts

Regards Alan

Alan,

Superb layout. As others have said many thanks for sharing and keep the pictures coming. In particular I would like to see a track plan and hopefully the separate thread describing the therapetic building of catenary!

Regards

Jeff

Good lord! That is extremely impressive! Only one thing would improve it...remove those buffer stops on the end of the electrified lines, add another fiddle yard and run some through trains. That does mean making the layout even bigger though! ;)

David

I am not going to give any secrets away but.........the buffer stops aren't even glued down ;)

Alan

What a great layout you have there how long has it taken you so far to get it to this stage?

Pete

Would you believe 7 months..............this picture is Warren Lane in Maggies garage on the 24th Feb 2010 and The Mid Essex Show was 18th Sept 2010

post-9211-039550900 1287685826_thumb.jpg

Would you believe 7 months..............this picture is Warren Lane in Maggies garage on the 24th Feb 2010 and The Mid Essex Show was 18th Oct 2010

No way! I wish I could organise myself quickly and well enough to produce something like this in that sort of time!

The more pictures I see, the more I love it!

WOW! What an absolutely superb layout.

And it has only taken you 7 months so far? I think I've installed 2 points and a couple of lengths of flexi track in the last 7 months! laugh.gif

Great work and keep supplying the photos to depress me even more.

Dave

I am not going to give any secrets away but.........the buffer stops aren't even glued down ;)

Even the ones in the terminal? - dare I mention that Felixstowe are about to start doing tests on 30-wagon rakes? :P Okay a step too far maybe... ;):D

Would you believe 7 months..............this picture is Warren Lane in Maggies garage on the 24th Feb 2010 and The Mid Essex Show was 18th Oct 2010

I have to say well done - that's an awesome amount of work in a short time - it's not a small space to fill either!

Any other show bookings yet?

More pictures please?

What gave you the inspiration for the layout?

Pete

I would have to say Mick Lawrence, helping him with his layouts has given me a great insight into the building and exhibiting of a layout ( as for theme see below)

Good layout, very Tilbury-esq?

Reminds me of my days going to Tilbury, any chance of some RFD 37s double topping? or perhaps some vintage electric traction, 85s and 81s?

Its funny you say that I worked on Berth 43 at Tilbury and had the opportunity to see the freightliner terminal working I loved it :)

Cans at Tilbury............ a must for Warren Lane when it gets extended ;)

post-9929-096240100 1287764342_thumb.jpg

Even the ones in the terminal? - dare I mention that Felixstowe are about to start doing tests on 30-wagon rakes? :P Okay a step too far maybe... ;):D

I have to say well done - that's an awesome amount of work in a short time - it's not a small space to fill either!

Any other show bookings yet?

Thanks we all worked very hard leading up to the show.....but it was worth it :) Hmmmm 30 wagons, that will be another 24ft of baseboard Maggie would have Kittens :(

As for shows We have 6 dates for next year so far the first is for charity so I will plug it.

4/5 June 2011 at Firepower The Royal Artillery Museum, Royal Arsenal, Woolwich, London, SE18 6ST

Archived