Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see a summary on the new site.

I guess I must have missed some posts on the old thread, I hadn't realised you had a location figured out - an interesting scheme. Do you think the line to Kingswear would not have been built if this line had gone ahead?

I do like the picture of the creamery - very evocative.

Rich, the answer to that is I don't know. I've assumed that since in my version of history Dartmouth and therefore the Naval College has a direct connection to the railway there would have been no need to build to Kingswear. It also enables me as it were to run the a version of the Kingswear timetable with thew torbay express becoming the South Devon Express. I supose I could envisage Kingswear (in my version of history) being rail connected with Kingswear being just a short minor branch.

Rob the destination board on the DMU was done by myself using Coral Draw which enables you to "draw" in the actual size you want whether it be 7mm or 7metres and will print out at the size you "drew" the sign, therefore no difficulty in trying various sizes when printing. I also used it for the station running in boards. and enables one to print white letters on black.

Claggy: As to the timetable it's not fully worked as yet although I do have Operation Torbay and Operation Cornwall by Xpress publishing.

At the moment I am building a DCkits class120 DMU

The centre buffet car has been put together

post-7090-12581277570535_thumb.jpg

As well as the bogies

post-7090-12581278446196_thumb.jpg

I've also built an exSR Tunny (Chivers kit) and a Fruit D (Parkside kit)

post-7090-12581279270858_thumb.jpg

Hopefully get the new Chivers ex GWR Tunny on Sunday at the Spalding show.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that.

The other wagons, vans actually I suppose, the Fruit D, 6 wheeled fish Van and Pigeon Van have all been painted and weathered are just waiting their final coat of satin varnish ( when I buy some).

[admin edit]

Edited by Mod2
Query removed, duplicate elsewhere

Preservation Modeller thank you for your kind comments, but I think the stock you are refering to is not scratchbuilt( far beyond my capabilities) but kit built, from Parkside Dundas and Chivers finelines and some (I don't think there are pix on this site) of Kirk kits and also the Dc kits DMU. As I have said before they are fairly easy to build I would imagine anybody on RMweb could build them, and it is far more satisfying than waiting for a RTR version to be done by Horn/mann/helpal.

Just a couple more shots that may or not been on the old RMweb

The pix 1 and 3 are on the left hand side of the track plan (where the road from the Goods Yard meets the main road?!?

and pic 2 is on the right hand side of the trackplan at the crossroads next to the pub and the station approach.

post-7090-12625361304502_thumb.jpg

post-7090-12625361659973_thumb.jpg

post-7090-1262536099316_thumb.jpg

The actual road signs are Hornby Scaledale.

• Like 11