Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

Yes Steve I did. I'd struggled with the lack of storage space and at one time felt like ripping up the whole fiddleyard, but that would have meant losing the minimum radius of 3ft I wanted (for the look of the thing) expanding through a transion curve to about 8 or 9ft in the station. I had pondered long and hard and it was about 3 months ago I realised that putting in 2 3-way points from an early fiddleyard on the last layout would provide me with 3 extra storage yards of at least 3ft length, as it turned out 2 have a useable lenght of 37inches and 2 have a useable length of 41 inches.

I must admit to a warm glow of self satisfaction, but like most people I would like the room that they have in the USofA and have something like 12 storage sidings. Still this is much better than the original.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not put anything up for sometime as I've been struggling with a Ratio Engine shed. Being all "fingers and 'fumbs" I find kits, particularly building kits for some reason, a bit of a struggle; and as to painting that's even worse :( . It took me a fortnight before I was fairly happy with the painting, but I'm still not sure. It's like painting a picture "When do I stop?"

Any way pix of said engine shed. As you can see I've left the doors off as I feel by the late50's/early60's they would have been removed but I have left the ends of the hinges. The coal stage which came of my previuos layout Abergower needs a bit of fettling.

post-7090-001233900 1286196345_thumb.jpg

post-7090-039649200 1286196377_thumb.jpg

post-7090-060410500 1286196410_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Not put anything up for sometime as I've been struggling with a Ratio Engine shed. Being all "fingers and 'fumbs" I find kits, particularly building kits for some reason, a bit of a struggle; and as to painting that's even worse :( .

If that is the results of being all fingers and thumbs then I can't wait to see the results of something you're good at :D

I can only hope then when I get on to doing some scenic modeling my results will be half as good.

Keep up the good work :good_mini:

• RMweb Gold

If that is the results of being all fingers and thumbs then I can't wait to see the results of something your good at :D

I can only hope then when I get on to doing some scenic modeling my results will be half as good.

Keep up the good work :good_mini:

Absolutely.Excellent modelling Westerner.

• 1 month later...

After commenting yesterday that I'd very little lately prompted me to to do the Barrow crossing signs I've been meaning to do for ages. The signs are by a firm called Pre-Cut miniature signs.

In the background is a recently completed Replica "long" suburban brake. (it needs to be weathered)

post-7090-018064100 1289251941_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Your diffidence is not justified - these are fine pics of convincing models and scenes. You have an eye for detail not present on every layout, and are happy to acknowledge others' influences when appropriate - vide Ben Alder's fish vans. Some of your pics have a yellow cast to them - but that is trivial, you can fix it in a few keystrokes, and it's the only negative thing I can find. Keep doin' what you're doin'!

• RMweb Premium

A Hall in Kingsbridge, that would have been good. Good thing that this is on the Kingwear - Kingsbridge route. It would have made the bridges groan on the Brent - Kingsbridge route laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I was not 100% happy with the Hall so I reworked the weathering making slightly cleaner, I also worked on the Collett goods, I added lamps, crew and screw coupling to both. The lamp on the Hall is for a stopping passenger train and the one on the Collett is for a ballast train.

post-7090-011202800 1290373039_thumb.jpg

post-7090-091434700 1290372983_thumb.jpg

post-7090-099008800 1290373112_thumb.jpg

post-7090-038493900 1290373163_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the pathetic smoke

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

If the photo is improving their appearance then there is no need to weather them further on the main building. The chimney pots would be much darker at the top though. (Making the clean air less clean) biggrin.gif.