Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

• 3 weeks later...

Nick I can't tell you quite what it pulls except to say when I took to my mate Dave's rather large layout Epsom it pulled 20 opens {some loaded with cast resin loads and others with cast stone loads (10 commandments)} with ease. Needless to say that is more than it's ever likely to pull on Wencombe.

All I need to do is get the airbrush out and do some weathering. Not too sure whether (excuse the Pun) it will be subtle or rather filthy as I remember them trundling through Gloucester in the very early 60's. One thing I will do is get rid of the red inside motion as this will not be a Canton engine that's been breathed upon by Caerphilly.

• RMweb Gold

Nick I can't tell you quite what it pulls except to say when I took to my mate Dave's rather large layout Epsom it pulled 20 opens {some loaded with cast resin loads and others with cast stone loads (10 commandments)} with ease. Needless to say that is more than it's ever likely to pull on Wencombe.

Thanks Alan,

I was going to treat myself to one, but I'm not sure whether I would ever have a 00 layout to run it on, bar the DRAG test track. Decisions!

Regards,

Nick.

Amazing how adding something as small as a point lever can give a scene more life.

post-7090-0-85425200-1293810844_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-44518600-1293810817_thumb.jpg

As I'm doing a crossroads signpost does anyone out there know if the writing would have been all capitals or a capital for the first letter and then lower case.?

thanks in advance for any help.

• Like 5

As I'm doing a crossroads signpost does anyone out there know if the writing would have been all capitals or a capital for the first letter and then lower case.?

thanks in advance for any help.

If it's pre 1965 (which I think it will be) then it's be all caps - as http://www.didcotmet...ignsdefault.htm - if you had cast signposts you needed fewer letter masters if they were all uppercase.

The new signposts featuring upper ad lower case were legal from from 1st January 1965 - their whole history of here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_signs_in_the_United_Kingdom

Have I interpreted what you want correctly?

• RMweb Premium

Those small details do make a lot of difference, many won't notice them on their own but when they glance at the scene they do bring things together.

Hi Alan -

Thought I'd repay the visit! Nice layout - and a creamery as well! I do like the concept and the attention to detail. As another comment stated - it is the 'little details' that bring things to life. The concept of putting the station on a broad curve has always been one that appeals to me - allows for unobtrusive transitions (if needed) into sharper radii, which to my mind at least, looks better to the eye. 'Upton Dene' on my layout (which will probably be the last location built) will follow that principle cos (like you) I dont have access to a 'U.S. style' basement!

I'll be back!

Regs

Ian

• 5 weeks later...

One reason for the lack of posts is that I've been involved in a project at the local museum where I volunteer. Building a Diorama of a wherry (a Norfolk Broads sailing barge) going under a low bridge. The wherry, which we already had, is to a scale of 1:24. Quite a change working in such a large scale. witness the size of a small prairie to the bridge.

post-7090-0-50856300-1297111572_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

One reason for the lack of posts is that I've been involved in a project at the local museum where I volunteer. Building a Diorama of a wherry (a Norfolk Broads sailing barge) going under a low bridge. The wherry, which we already had, is to a scale of 1:24. Quite a change working in such a large scale. witness the size of a small prairie to the bridge.

post-7090-0-50856300-1297111572_thumb.jpg

Could that be Hoveton Bridge by any chance?