Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

• RMweb Gold

2211 was a somewhat unusual visitor to the line. (Given the scarcity of the 22xx's down here any of them would have been).

No more scarcer than a Manor or Hall perhaps. ;) I'm going to renumber mine to 2211 thats for sure.

Remember chaps that this line is an extension of the Torbay line, not the line from Brent, therefore I'm working on the principal that the line was built to the same standards as the Kingswear branch and that coupled to some severe gradients after Dartmouth there was a need for powerful locos and shorter trains. (ie max 4-5 coaches and 12-15 wagons. (Strange that coincides with the size of the platforms and fiddleyard :rolleyes:

Hi Alan, thanks for all these recent pictures. Great to see yet more of your work and I did like seeing behind the scenes in the fiddle yard as well as out on the mainline. Mention of Ben Alder makes me quite sure that there's quite a few of us on RMWEB who switch back and forth between Wencombe and Ben Alder's work (and others) for our regular 'fix' of delightful modelling to appreciate. That 'atmosphere' of times gone seems to simply seep out of your pictures. I'll echo other postings to say keep 'em coming!

Steve.

Thanks Steve,

A quick one taken when I went into the railway room when I picked up the Bridge for the museum this morning. I'd left a curtain drawn back and the Grange was basking in sunlight.

post-7090-0-22251200-1297871624_thumb.jpg

The musuem diorama continues. The hole is for the wherry.

post-7090-0-01974500-1297871782_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

The bridge looks better in situ, as the humps doesn't look as sharp. I guess that is down to the brain expecting to see things and saying stop even when what it is been shown is correct. biggrin.gif It looks like a nice diversion to the railway.

• 2 weeks later...

At last I've been doing more work on the layout. I've spent the weekend renumbering my steam fleet with mostly locos that worked in the Newton Abbot division.

Picture is off now 6829 Burmington Grange and 7916 Mobberly Hall. I also dusted the Grange and reworked the weathering.

.post-7090-0-25229000-1299434324_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

For those who have been following the construction of the Diaorama for the museum I volunteer, at these are the final pix.

By the way the mast in the first two pics is at that angle to allow the mast counter weight to get through the bridge. When it is through the mast is fully lowered.

post-7090-0-26079300-1299688215_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-49014600-1299688239_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-78983400-1299688288_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I think it is. The chairman saw it today and raved about it. The wherry needs a little work part of the rudder needs repairing and 2 of the mooring bitts have diappeared and need replacing. I knew my model railwaying skills (scenic) would come in useful.

I think it is. The chairman saw it today and raved about it. The wherry needs a little work part of the rudder needs repairing and 2 of the mooring bitts have diappeared and need replacing. I knew my model railwaying skills (scenic) would come in useful.

It's very evocative Alan. Well done. I should hope the museum like it! Which museum is it by the way?