Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

Thanks for your kind comments.

The museum is the Museum of the Broads in Stalham on the Norfolk Broads, we are actually next to the head of navigation and just to prove what a squeeze it could be, Albion has just passed under Potter Heigham bridge.

post-7090-0-49335900-1299787365_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice little diorama.

Back to the railway... the etched plates do make a difference don't they? I have added a few to my locos - they seem to give them a bit more presence!

I do like the weathering on your Grange and Hall. Makes them look used but but too filthy. That's a task I need to practice them perform on mine, they are all a bit too clean!

Thanks for your kind comments.

The museum is the Museum of the Broads in Stalham on the Norfolk Broads, we are actually next to the head of navigation and just to prove what a squeeze it could be, Albion has just passed under Potter Heigham bridge.

Ah yes, straight down the A149... I must drop in one day.

It is truly a tight fit for a wherry under those bridges especially when the tide is up.

Ah Wagonman some one else from Norfolk

A group of us meet at a friends house (should say large shed) In Potter Heigham,where he has a large layout based on the Epsom stations, every Thursdayevening. If you would be interested in coming to see PM me.

Ah Wagonman some one else from Norfolk

A group of us meet at a friends house (should say large shed) In Potter Heigham,where he has a large layout based on the Epsom stations, every Thursdayevening. If you would be interested in coming to see PM me.

There is at least one more...........Yarmouth born and bred and spent many happy summers either larking about at Woodbastwick or in Tacolston/Forncett.

One question that has to be asked though

" Why oh why is a Norfolk boy modelling the Greasy Wet and Rusty region instead of MGN or GE?"

Great looking layout....even if it is the wrong side of the country :)

Ragards

Colin

Mainly because I'm not a Norfolk boy. I was born in Gloucester. Lived my working life in east London and after 30 years of holidaying and owning a boat on the Norfolk Broads retired up here. By the way the same invitation is there.

Well I guess that explains the GWR theme to your layout........

I'd love to take you up on that offer of a meet with your group, maybe next time I get back to the UK (I live in the USA)

Regards

Colin

Mainly because I'm not a Norfolk boy. I was born in Gloucester. Lived my working life in east London and after 30 years of holidaying and owning a boat on the Norfolk Broads retired up here. By the way the same invitation is there.

I'm not a Norfolk boy either but a refugee from the Great Wen. So naturally I model the GWR too...

Thanks for your kind invitation by the way. I just might take you up on it!

Richard when you feel like coming just PM me.

By the way we will be at the March exhibition with Josh's Potterbourne layout and also at the Norwich exhibition. If you are there make yourself known. we will obviously be behind the Potterbourne layout wearing shirts emblazone Potter Heigham Fine Scale group.

After all that bridge work it was good to get back to the layout.

The next loco to be weathered, crewed and renumbered is the 61xx cheekily renumbered as one of Newton Abbots 51xx's 5153 and the early morning parcels from Newton to Kingsbridge

post-7090-0-81410200-1300211819_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-57581100-1300211854_thumb.jpg

.post-7090-0-45592800-1300211788_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Nothing too special Kris, the 2 BGs are being taken to Kingsbridge to be put on the Kingsbridge portion of the trains to Liverpool and Manchester (remember I'm treating Kingsbridge as Kingswear as it were. Perhaps I should call the the terminus Kingscombe or Salbridge, to avoid confusion with the real Kingsbridge Branch

• RMweb Gold

Nothing too special Kris, the 2 BGs are being taken to Kingsbridge to be put on the Kingsbridge portion of the trains to Liverpool and Manchester (remember I'm treating Kingsbridge as Kingswear as it were. Perhaps I should call the the terminus Kingscombe or Salbridge, to avoid confusion with the real Kingsbridge Branch

I built a GWR BLT called Kingscombe a few years back.Not very original it seems. ;) In the days of a Lima prairie and not the lovely Bachmann jobbie.

Richard when you feel like coming just PM me.

By the way we will be at the March exhibition with Josh's Potterbourne layout and also at the Norwich exhibition. If you are there make yourself known. we will obviously be behind the Potterbourne layout wearing shirts emblazone Potter Heigham Fine Scale group.

Hi Alan

I'll definitely try to get to the Norwich show (I normally work Saturdays...) – just need to get someone to stand in for me for a few hours. At least this time it's on the right side of town!

Richard

Some more pix taken with a new camera Lumix FS 30 no floodlight, no flash just some curtained daylight and the room light. It has allowed me to get to places that the DSLR can't reach. The next time I'll try with the photoflood.

post-7090-0-86612100-1300641842_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-61243300-1300641873_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-01515800-1300641905_thumb.jpg

.post-7090-0-69817800-1300641816_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some time since I posted

Newly weathered and renumbered 3834 arriving at Wencombe. (unfortunately my DSLR is playing silly B's at the moment so took this with my little camera. It looks as if it focused on the trees. Although it does give that griny look of a 1960's pic.

post-7090-0-50068500-1305490396_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

It's some time since i've posted anything, mainly because not much has been done. But this week I decided that it was time to have a go at Road Transport Images kit that I bought nearly 2 years ago at Warley.

so far i've just primed it. It looks like a kit that needs to be painted before being stuck together, it also apears that I may have lost the side lights and wing mirror. I'll write to find if it's possible to get replcements. the tractor unit is a Bedford OXC, once in the employ of British Railways but at Wencombe will have ben bought by a local haulier.

post-7090-0-26057400-1311109529_thumb.jpg

• Like 1