Guildford 'O' Gauge Group - Reading Trade Show

Pint of Adnams

The 21st annual Trade Show organised by the Guildford 'O' Gauge Group, held at the Rivermead Leisure Centre, Richfield Avenue near Caversham Bridge in Reading, on Saturday 5th December 2009 from 10:00 am to 4:30pm. Refreshments available (Leisure Centre Foyer). Postcode for SatNav etc. is RG1 8EQ.

Admission ??3, accompanied Children and Ladies free (no replies on here please asking "what about the Husband of a lady modeller, partners, etc?" - all complaints to the Organisers).

Pay and Display (600 spaces) car parking charge (unspecified) applies, but a 50% refund has been negotiated on production of the Show Entrance Ticket presented together with the refund portion of the Car Park ticket at the Leisure Centre Reception.

All the usual Trade suspects, far too numerous to list, but over 160 tables of models, kits, buildings, trackwork and accessories for the 'O' gauge/7mm scale (or thereabouts) modeller. Plus a Test Track, the Gauge O Guild Information Stand and Bring & Buy Tables. Further details: 01483 275725

All your Christmas present requirements in one handy visit.

In the diary.

Oh dear there goes all my Xmas money again (no turkey or socks for me this year)

... though I still have 2 unstarted kits bought at last years event ... how strong do you think my resistance is going to be ?

Especially as there is a certain Barry loco in n/s on a promise (sold out at Railex).

... just bread sauce and bitter lemonade

Its booked! I spent very little at Telford so the 'war chest' is full :lol: which probably means i shall come back empty handed again! I think I shall take the train, it is marginally quicker by road, but the train should be a little more relaxing.

I'll be there! Going for the first time ever - as a fledgling 7mm modeller I'm interested to see what's available, and will be trying not to spend too much :)

I'm not sure if I'm going to drive or take the train yet - it depend what the weather is doing on the day, I think. :D

I'll be there! Going for the first time ever - as a fledgling 7mm modeller I'm interested to see what's available, and will be trying not to spend too much :)

I'm not sure if I'm going to drive or take the train yet - it depend what the weather is doing on the day, I think. :D

well help you spend your money:lol: Don't expect to see any layouts it's just trade stands.

the scary thing is that I first went back in 1990 when it was in reading university campus and I bought my first Martin Finney kit *sigh*

In the diary.

Oh dear there goes all my Xmas money again (no turkey or socks for me this year)

... though I still have 2 unstarted kits bought at last years event ... how strong do you think my resistance is going to be ?

Especially as there is a certain Barry loco in n/s on a promise (sold out at Railex).

... just bread sauce and bitter lemonade

I'd say stuff the turkey and give me egg and chips for any Christmas day! And if you're on a promise....

Not sure im goint to make Reading or Kettering due to the amount of kits i have still to finish/build and with one of our club members opening an on line shop http://www.themodelkitshop.co.uk/

Ian G

There's nowt like seeing and handling the stuff, and the Model Kit Shop doesn't stock a fraction of the range of kits, bits, tools, books and stuff that will be at the show.

Its booked! I spent very little at Telford so the 'war chest' is full laugh.gif which probably means i shall come back empty handed again! I think I shall take the train, it is marginally quicker by road, but the train should be a little more relaxing.

I'll be there! Going for the first time ever - as a fledgling 7mm modeller I'm interested to see what's available, and will be trying not to spend too much smile.gif

I'm not sure if I'm going to drive or take the train yet - it depend what the weather is doing on the day, I think. biggrin.gif

When I used to live down that way, the traffic around Reading was bad any day of the week, on a December Saturday it could be well worth taking the train, whatever the weather.

Pugsley - make the most of the opportunity to see what's available in 7mm - you should be fair mazed.

Will there be any S7 attendance ?

JB.

No Perfect Miniatures and AFAIK no Scale Seven Group stand, and there aren't any layouts anyway, just places to spend your money (but don't tell PJH!).

• RMweb Gold

I'll be there - I'm only about 30 miles away from Reading. icon_thumbsup2.gif

All being well, I should be picking up a GWR Hawksworth Full Brake kit from Chris Hillier (Hurn Models), so that's my Christmas present sorted. This is destined to be finished in BR blue and will make a nice companion for my Slater's PMV.

My birthday is the previous Saturday and my wife has bought me an MMP Mk1 BCK. Methinks my soldering iron is due for a serious workout soon! biggrin.gif

Regards

Dan

All being well, I should be picking up a GWR Hawksworth Full Brake kit from Chris Hillier (Hurn Models), so that's my Christmas present sorted. This is destined to be finished in BR blue and will make a nice companion for my Slater's PMV.

My birthday is the previous Saturday and my wife has bought me an MMP Mk1 BCK. Methinks my soldering iron is due for a serious workout soon! biggrin.gif

Regards

Dan

Hi Dan

Both of those are good choices. I'm after the Chris Hillier full brake for my parcels train, but not just yet, so your comments on it will be appreciated.

The MMP BCK will keep you quiet for a bit. I'll watch out for it on your blog!

See you at the meet, wherever it is!

Regards

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Dan

Both of those are good choices. I'm after the Chris Hillier full brake for my parcels train, but not just yet, so your comments on it will be appreciated.

The MMP BCK will keep you quiet for a bit. I'll watch out for it on your blog!

See you at the meet, wherever it is!

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard

I spent a very pleasant couple of hours on my birthday, reading through the MMP Mk1 instructions and admiring the etches. There's a mind-boggling number of parts and the etches are an absolute work of art (as are the various castings). icon_thumbsup2.gif

Given the complexity of the Mk1, I think the Hawksworth Full Brake will definitely be jumping the queue, as I want to get something built in a fairly short space of time. Unfortunately, as it's destined to be my main Christmas present, I won't get to see the contents of the box until 25th December. icon_sad.gif

Look forward to seeing you and any other RMwebbers at Reading. icon_thumbsup2.gif

Regards

Dan

Archived