Guildford 'O' Gauge Group - Reading Trade Show

Pint of Adnams

..... nothing like a deadline for getting something built ! :lol:

but there is a big difference between getting something built and it being able to run on the test track

... or even getting permission to do so

... do they have a spare siding for derelicts ;)

What about if I bring my finished 26 and the one I am building at the moment. The finished one will work on DC with sound so should keep the punters entertained.

Sounds great to me... get it? 'Sounds' great... oh i'll get m'coat !! :unsure:

I'm sure everyone would love to see anything that you have produced running Brian, and it'll be an added incentive to Pugsley to get his wallet out too :lol:

The organisers wouldn't be that strict on the test track to not let you run anything would they ??

JB.

but there is a big difference between getting something built and it being able to run on the test track

... or even getting permission to do so

... do they have a spare siding for derelicts ;)

Oh, I don't know... I built my first Scale7 engine in a week :icon_winker:

It can be done..

JB.

Just thinking, why not suggest everyone brings something to run on the test track... it could be a bonding experience.. :lol:

JB.

Forgive my ignorance, but can anyone turn up with a loco to give a run on the test track? My 9F could do with a bit of exercise!

Would be up for meeting up with any other RMwebers too!

Cheers,

Stephen

How about a meet at the test track at 13:00? It's in a room with the bring and buy if I'm not mistaken and there's a bit of room to mingle about.

I would like to bring my 20 as it is the best sounding loco I have but the plan is to go to Reading to carry loads away, not bring it thererolleyes.gif I will see how my packing goes in the morning.

Aaarghhhh !!!!! :angry: :angry:

Unfortunately after all that, I'm not going to make it chaps... I have to do something for 2 minutes on saturday for work, which means I can't make the day...

I wonder if I might be able to ask a favor though... Would someone be able to pop along to the SM Models stand and take a couple of shots of their new D16/3 from a few different angles. It'd be great to see it built up in the raw brass..

JB.

Aaarghhhh !!!!! :angry: :angry:

Unfortunately after all that, I'm not going to make it chaps... I have to do something for 2 minutes on saturday for work, which means I can't make the day...

That's a shame, I was going to bend your ear about S7 - it'll have to be another time now.

See those of you who are going tomorrow!

That's a shame, I was going to bend your ear about S7 - it'll have to be another time now.

See those of you who are going tomorrow!

Unfortunately I won't be there tomorrow, but 28ten should be, and Buckjumper might - try a quick 'conversation' with them just in case... if not, you can always ask questions publicly or privately on here - there are several of us who would be happy to oblige.

Have a great day one and all,

PoA

Well I went - and very nearly came back empty handed. I don't know what it was but the place was just not as good as usual for me. Probably started with fighting for a place in the crowded car park or in the unbelievable traffic to do the 5 miles.

What was it that was steaming through Reading station at about 10:20 ? - It certainly sounded good.

The show certainly seemed busier than last year and more folk pushing and shoving to get to the front to make some important purchase. In the end I gave up, thought whatever it was that I might have bought could wait until a more civilised event - I'm not in that sort of a rush.

By 12:30 I had put my head down and found the inviting free air of the car park and another fight through the Xmas shopping traffic of Reading.

Firts time at the show for me and thought it was a good one.

Met up with Brian - saw his class 26 in the flesh - lovely bit of kit! Unfortunatly I didn't get to chat to any other RMWebers, seeing as I was hoodwinked by a load of fellow O gaugers from the Blubell!

Also ran my 9F in the test track and learnt a few lessons about kit built locos.....firstly need to think about compensated chassis, especially on ten coupled locos and also need to think about pick ups in the tender as well.

Managed to come away without spending any money, seems all the things I wanted to purchase were out of stock, not to worry though after seening a few traders who I knew little about, I'm sure come the new year some orders could be placed for more rolling stock.

Definatly go again next year, for ??3 it really is pretty good value. Bit like a swapmeet of old, but completely dedicated to 7mm......can't argue with that.

Cheers,

Stephen

Not from me, sorry, I couldn't remember what you wanted photographing :icon_redface:

PoA and JB - I met 28ten this morning, had a chat and learnt quite a lot, next step will be to join the S7 Society, I think.

Kenton - It was heaving first thing this morning, although it had thinned out nicely by about 13:30.

I had a thoroughly enjoyable day, I wasn't sure what to expect having never been there before, but it was well worth the trip. It was nice to meet familiar RMwebbers, and ones that I've not met before, and bumped into a confirmed 4mm modeller who was 'just looking' (you know who you are if you're reading this :D - did you come away with any bags?) I ended up getting everything I'd planned to get, plus a little more (28ten you are a bad, bad man :P ;) )

Kenton - It was heaving first thing this morning, although it had thinned out nicely by about 13:30.

Ah that may well be - but I find that going to these shows late the traders already have sold out of everything you were looking for - especially the bits you didn't know you were looking for until you saw them ;)

Particularly in the case of books and kits. By 11.00am when, I finally realised there was a map on the guide, a certain stall had already sold out of what I was going to look at.

Archived